Obama on UFOs: "We don't know exactly what they are"

Do tell, what PRECISELY have WHICH defense intelligence officers said about the SPECIFIC footage and accounts that I’m referring to?

1 Like

This didn’t happen with UAPs, either.

2 Likes

Sure - I’ll be happy to let the Pentagon and Congress sort out which experts are best suited to review the evidence, instead of pursuing the discussion in the court of public opinions and egos.

Do you disagree that the footage of the “triangular craft” that I pointed to is only bokeh? Do you think it requires a Congressional-vetted subcommittee to make this assessment?

2 Likes

And yet you explicitly stated

1 Like

We have a pretty good idea that that probability is damn close to zilch, though.

1 Like

Yeah. In the process of elimination, the remaining possibilities that have not been eliminated are more probable.

Nope. Because the probability of alien visitation is essentially zero. And I’ve got the entirety of relevant science and history to back me up.

1 Like

Or Unidentified Atmospheric Phenomena.

The idea is these are not neccisarily objects, and are not necessarily in or interacting with the air in the sense that an aircraft or object might be.

Using “atmospheric” helps stress the possibility that these are phenomenon of the atmosphere itself. In the way that aurora borealis, ball lightning, or various mirages are. Just ones we aren’t aware of yet.

Even that suffers from the assumption that something is an actual external occurrence rather than something like an instrument error, recording artifact, or some one simply being mistaken.

That’s very much the problem with the whole framing. The context it presses things into is “is this proof of X?” rather than “what is this thing?”

The idea that there would be a single explanation for all the many different things cited or recorded is about as unlikely as the idea that they are Alien space craft.

And ever more of those cameras being more and more omni-present. Just chance dictates that something more useful would have popped up by now.

Unless.

Interdimensional Big Foot.

3 Likes

I agree with you, that footage is not particularly convincing of anything extraordinary, but I don’t really have enough information about it to make anykind of a relevant assessement.

The 2004 Tic-tac ufo is far more compelling to me personnally, with something like 7 named officers corroborating the event, and it was also the event highlighted in the 60 minutes segment.

I can pull up quite an history of authorities obfuscating the subject of UFOs for whatever reason.

Hopefully, the Pentagon and Congress will have a chance to make an assessment based on a review of some evidence presented including testimonies, and not based on the officially documented history regarding the subject.

Just out of curiosity, in how many countries, or do aliens still only stick to the superpowers good at government cover-ups?

1 Like

There’s been sightings documented all over the world.

Again, no one here is disputing the idea that there have been flying objects that were not positively identified. That’s more or less what Obama said in the clip above. The part we’re taking issue with is the jump from “people saw a thing in the sky and didn’t know what it was” to “…it’s probably aliens!”

2 Likes

I don’t see what bothers you that much about it, it’s just a probability, and some very passionately believe in that possibility, while other passionately disbelieve in that possibility.

Can’t we agree together that they should investigate the unknown events, and give a transparent assessment of the situation to our congressional representatives instead of sweeping it under the rug?

There’s enough credible witness and defense officers that reviewed the evidence who hold the alien hypothesis as a valid possibility for me to bring it up - see no reason to be ashamed of it.

I can’t say I know how I abused Bayesian probabilities, but I doubt that I did to the point that you couldn’t understand my argument.

What’s your criterion for determining that a case was “obsfuscated” rather than dismissed because investigation determined there was nothing to it?

I’m not talking only about the history of UFOs research. I’m talking about the entirety of recorded human history. Aliens ain’t innit.

3 Likes

Yet when you scratch the surface of their accounts, you find that they disagree on key details. 17 years later I don’t expect their testimony to have any actual evidentiary power. And hate to say it, but that 60 Minutes segment was a credulous sensationalistic hack-job. It’s nonsense with no journalistic value whatsoever.

1 Like

2 Likes

2 Likes