Objections to lines of Gravity Falls offered by Disney's standards committee

Originally published at: Objections to lines of Gravity Falls offered by Disney's standards committee | Boing Boing

12 Likes

Reboing!

2 Likes

I want a T-shirt saying “Not S&P approved”

13 Likes

Now I want to see this cartoon.

4 Likes

Onwards, Aoshima! Had a deranged fourth grade teacher actually slap a buddy for saying “jeez, do we have to?” Teacher went off ranting about taking the Lord’s name in vain, leaving us younguns utterly stupefied about how he had managed that. It was actually a prolonged topic of discussion over our lunch succotash (“I tells ya, she thinks she reps the Lord somehow”)

8 Likes

Well, in all honesty, there were times that I thought: This is on the Disney Channel?

5 Likes

This show ended way too early.

3 Likes

I need both together…Flier on the front and statement on the back.

"Not S&P Approved" has been approved by S&P

5 Likes

They also have sense of humor.

3 Likes

S&P must be a weird, Kafkaesque department to work in; especially for people who have a sense of irony. :hugs:

4 Likes

terry gilliam computer GIF by Maudit

4 Likes

Yes! And I want the T-shirt that says ‘“Not S&P approved” has been approved by S&P’!

1 Like

angry tom ellis GIF by Lucifer

3 Likes

40 episodes was a pretty decent run considering that all the events in the show were supposed to take place over the course of a single summer vacation.

3 Likes

You definitely should. It’s a fave in our house, in part because I have 12-year-old boy/girl twins who identify with the protagonists.

This was us last Halloween:

10 Likes

Grunkle COVID mask FTW!

2 Likes

This show gets so much love in my family. So much, in fact, that we tried to recreate the intro: Live Action Gravity Falls Intro - YouTube

2 Likes

I actually have a twin brother who would have made a perfect Grunkle Ford but we don’t live close enough to do Halloween together.

4 Likes

4 Likes

Excellent costume choice on your part. Shriners scare the living shit out of me!

2 Likes