Obnoxious prankster puts out people's cigarettes with fire extinguisher

Former (albeit brief and lightweight) smoker here: please quit. We like having you around. (If the nicotine is partly responsible for your writing and thoughts then I suppose quit just the smoking part and switch to gum.)

7 Likes

And you haven’t been assaulted? Honestly sounds like only a matter of time if you are sticking garbage in people’s pocket’s no matter how disgusting and wrong they might be. I had a guy punch me in the face because my wife told him to ‘put his fucking cigarette out’ in a public place. Didn’t even know she said it. I just got sucker punched in the head.

3 Likes

This is kind of funny… I don’t think I’m allergic to cigarette smoke, but I grew up in a house where both my parents smoked, my mom stilll does and now that I’m no longer around it all the time, it bothers me a lot more now than it used to. It never used to when I lived with smokers, now, it bothers me. That being said, I’m not going to bitch at someone for smoking around me, as long as they don’t blow it in my face or whatever, I really don’t care.

6 Likes

Yep. I would have loved to have had my dad around for a longer time than he was. Of course, smoking might not have been the only cause of his lung cancer (he worked in factories, too), but it had to have had an effect on his health.

9 Likes

Your ‘tolerance’ has gone down, in the absence of constant direct exposure; mine has too, thank goodness.

6 Likes

Found the smoker.

I’d actually be fine if a restaurant owner decided to do this to a patron, especially after fair warning. Their place, their rules. This guy’s just being a dick.

6 Likes

I grew up around a lot of smoking. My parents owned a bar in Cleveland in the 1970s and it was filled with so much cigarette and cigar smoke you wouldn’t believe it. The place had no windows, only a front door and a back door. I remember being six years old and standing outside the back door of the bar at 1:00am on many nights trying to get fresh air because the smoke was stinging my eyes so badly.

4 Likes

Working on it. No-one quits 100% on the first try. Though I’m already 2 years over my planned time line.

2 Likes

This guy is known for his questionable over the top “pranks” Some will beat the crap out of him sooner or later or he ends in jail - e.g. spraying that woman at the beach is an assault. Good luck explaining to a judge that it was “only a prank”.

Just look at some of his videos, you will understand:

or

He is lucky that the French cops usually don’t shoot first and ask questions later like the American ones do.

3 Likes

So, to release a known carcinogen is not asshole behavior because it doesn’t bother _everybody.

But the guy with the fire extinguisher is an asshole because it might bother somebody.

GOT IT.

[this is independent of the label “asshole” for pulling pranks on people in the first place]

I particularly love how your personal anecdote (“doesn’t bother me”) trumps my personal anecdote ('does bother me"), leading to the return of your concern driving trollies (“won’t someone think of the hypothetical children allergic to fire extinguishers!”).

Could you point out to me where in that video he targets people standing in the middle of a crowd?

Of his three targets, two were in locations with no other people present; the third was a couple in a vehicle.

1 Like

The “carcinogen” argument is valid if you’re talking about smoking in confined places, especially places where smoking isn’t allowed. I think it’s a stretch to say a lone person smoking on a beach is doing something likely to cause other people any ill health effects. The smoke might annoy someone directly downwind from her, but if there was anyone directly downwind they’d probably be even more annoyed by the giant white cloud of chemicals issuing from the fire extinguisher.

Anyone close enough to be bothered by the cigarette smoke would also be close enough to be bothered by the chemicals from the fire extinguisher.

13 Likes

That’s not what I fucking wrote or even implied, but thanks for interpreting my own intent for me; it’s always such fun when other people do that.

#Nope.

2 Likes

Ugh… no fun!

I kind of like the fact that lots of bars and restaurants are smoke free now. And even some that allow smoking just don’t seem to have much of it.

5 Likes

And yet they all have fire extinguishers!

2 Likes

I quit smoking in 2007 but I still hate this guy. Holier-than-thou pricks piss me off whether they’re peddling religion or smoke-free zones. Fuck him.

Comedian? No, Not funny.

8 Likes

He should do a world tour and make his first visit here. In one of these states.

1 Like

Guy needs a serious ass kicking. (and I’m against smoking!)

3 Likes

I can’t imagine why smokers ever thought they had a right to spread their effluvium everywhere to begin with. But this guy is just an ass.

I do like that final scene in the grocery store though.

1 Like

The more you know!