Obscure official sues producers of obscure movie over depiction of him as "dismissive, patronising and misogynistic"

1 Like

Yep, her especially.

1 Like

Just more in the way that Larry David plays Larry David and most people couldn’t handle that most people can’t handle Steve’s personality too. Never hear anything Van Morrison level of total …. (I have never ever heard anything good about him)

Never met him and I’m not making accusations.

I’m absolutely sure she’s right too.

2 Likes

Well ive seen the movie, and Philippa Langley kind of comes across as a crazy woman in it.

That’s a lot more justifiable in filmmaking if they just make up names for new composite characters that were “inspired” by real people rather than use the actual names of the people involved. If they had just created an evil stand-in university official that was based off of the guy but had a different name then I would guess that they could tell exactly the same kind of story they wanted to tell but not open themselves up to England’s famously strict libel laws.

24909c5f-1646-4a5b-872b-59c0113af734_text

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.