"Octopus Dinner" AI video provides grotesque nightmare fuel

Originally published at: "Octopus Dinner" AI video provides grotesque nightmare fuel | Boing Boing

4 Likes

10/10 This is exactly the content I’m looking for

6 Likes

So much to appreciate.
Does somebody know, how many legs do octopeese have?

6 Likes

That had the look and feel of a casually filmed family home movie from many years ago.
I think an argument could be made that “this actually happened”.

5 Likes

Octopeese - plural form of the unfortunate result of splicing octopodes with geese

7 Likes

It really felt more like a Terry Gilliam animation to me than horror. I think it’s the pixilation that does it for me. Everything’s moving comedically fast at a low frame rate. Everything looking weird and wrong becomes wrong in a funny way thanks to the speed. I giggled.

5 Likes

This kind of stuff makes me think of Neal Stephenson’s ‘Fall; or, Dodge in Hell’ - With most people watching devices that cook up generated media much like this, based off their gaze mapping and electrodermal feedback, “and enabled each individual person to live twenty-four/ seven in their own personalized hallucination stream.”

Or, to put it another way, nice to know we will soon be able to recreate the personalized hallucination stream from Neal Stephenson’s seminal 'Don’t create the personalized hallucination stream" .

6 Likes

Obligatory…

6 Likes

From the hallucinatory video, it would appear somewhere between 3 and several billion.

4 Likes

Was this thing trained entirely on Shutterstock?

2 Likes

You know it’s fake when Obama shows up for dinner. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

This is fucking AMAZING.

3 Likes

This is the kind of bipartisanship we all want to see. The more tentacles involved, the easier it is to reach across the aisle.

3 Likes

Excellent creepy find! Jennifer has out-Popkined Popkin on this one.

2 Likes

This is why I only eat Octopie

Edit @smulder fortunately, no octopodes were harmed in the production of this image.

7 Likes

Ej5nAKfXsAIeREZ

5 Likes

Just another day in downtown R’lyeh

1 Like

I’d say that’s sea stars on fig mince or with peanuts, but I haven’t really made any such thing. How do you turn saponin into butter crust, anyhow? Asking for a future deep water intake station.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.