Oculus product design manager makes a facemask with LED display

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/06/oculus-product-design-manager.html

3 Likes

thankthemaker

6 Likes

Aren’t you supposed to wash your mask after use? Somehow, I don’t think the electronics will like that.

4 Likes

Microwave it for a minute or so, all the germs are dead. Oh wait…

4 Likes

She left the pocket that holds the electronics accessible so they can be removed. But she also makes clear in the making video that this is more prototype than final product. She didn’t think breathing through the electronics was something you would want to do for extended periods of time.

4 Likes

Can we get her connected to some embedded software developers, signal processors, and then design lips that actually move with the persons’ voice?

3 Likes

She should add an audible proximity warning in the style of the droning “Blade Runner” pedestrian signals. “6 feet…6 feet…6 feet…”

4 Likes

Wash mask
Alcohol electronics

3 Likes

Wear it. People will be curious, want to get CLOSER TO YOU, and ASK YOU ABOUT IT. :smiling_imp:

Looks appropriate for a dystopic future where quarantines are a regular reality and people still need to show some bling.

Bet Gucci will jump into this in no time.

The awesome @GeekMomProjects did this much simpler little mask hack the other day…

There are a lot of great makers to follow on Twitter. I find that I actually like my Twitter feed because it’s full of excited hackers sharing their cool stuff without a lot of politics and drama.

I’m pretty sure if she’s done all that she’s just fine

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.