"Odd-looking" mystery car with a red "S" eludes police in a 135mph chase

It never really went away. People have consistently been making Cannonball record attempts ever since the original event. That said a few new records were set during lockdown:

7 Likes
1 Like

Cannonball run. Some have gone northwest after leaving NY. Recent record attempts have used sport sedans. In 2019 a record was set in a Benz sedan…

“Take a close look at Arne Toman’s Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG. Those rear lights normally scan easily as an MB product, but Arne masked them to match the rear quarter panel, which at a distance makes the E63 look like a… Honda Accord . Now that’s what I call a disguise.”message-editor_1575984078008-screenshot2019-12-07at4.35.06pm

3 Likes

I bet it was a 5, not and S.

5 Likes

Ohhhh! I’ve been waiting my whole life for this opportunity, and you beat me to it.
Wish I hadn’t been so sluggish in my keeping up…
ETA - Oh, lord, evidently thirds of dozens of people all beat me to it, but didn’t read through any comments before posting. I’ll take the win :wink:

8 Likes

If it was magnetic, they could try a quick hide by pulling in, yanking the S off and lying low in plain sight.

4 Likes

Huh. Thanks. I shoulda known.

3 Likes

You might enjoy this:

4 Likes

Except according to the report he was traveling east on I-480 when they lost him, though I suppose that could be an attempt to shake the police before heading west again (lose them in the dust, exit the interstate, wait 5 minutes on a side street, head west on the interstate.)

1 Like

Isn’t this the joke told in the movie “Trading Places” ?

3 Likes

The Cleveland police have no problem shooting people.

480 would be a terrible choice for a cannonball trip. It is a slow ring highway, loaded with cops and 90 cuts through the city in a straight line with far less police presence. If you end up out in Seven Hills on any high speed trip, something has gone horribly wrong.

3 Likes

“Wearing a hat”, huh? I guess this guy’s not a suspect, for once.

4 Likes

Or maybe he was headed east to the starting point in Manhattan to begin his run.

1 Like

I think that the tag Look at that S Car Go is really the intention here.

3 Likes

The top of his shopping list said store not S door.

2 Likes

Okay, I just saw a red and black car with a racing stripe that had an “ST” incorporated into the racing stripe. Not quite it, I guess.

1 Like

But Ohio no longer requires front license plates, as of July 1, 2020.

4 Likes
4 Likes

The “S” is for “Antifa”

3 Likes

As the snails say, “look at that S car go!”

4 Likes