Odd Stuff (Part 2)

That’s the lazy rich kids’ version of Indiana Jones LARPing.

10 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes

2 Likes
7 Likes
14 Likes

Absolutely amazing. Thanks for posting this!

3 Likes

22 Likes

I know this is Portland, but in my head, reading this, the voice is in a sniffing, upper-crust posh London accent. I don’t know why. My apologies to all Londoners.

5 Likes
12 Likes

I used to volunteer at the Garuda Aviary in Sedona, AZ years ago.
I want to say - unequivocally - that cockatoos are assholes!
I mean, sure, they are pretty.
pretty but shitty.

11 Likes

Pretty shitty?

Michael Scott Reaction GIF

6 Likes

Sometimes I like to relax by exploring the world with Google Maps Street View. Here’s an odd image I caught today in Sanaʽa, Yemen.

16 Likes

Birds can be surprisingly intelligent in their own way!

My family had pet birds for many years; one figured out how to unlock its own cage… and after flying to the floor in the same room as our two dogs, kept saying, “Uh oh. Uh oh…” It didn’t come to any harm; I hurried to scoop it off the floor, and it let me, which was odd because it was strongly bonded to my mother and didn’t care much for Dad or me. But it knew when it needed help. It took several tries for us to figure out how to bird-proof the cage door after that.

Other birds we had used language with intent, too. They clearly associated words with objects, like “doggy” for our dogs, or names with people. My grandmother came over for a visit and was arguing with my mother, and the bird we had at that point came out with a perfectly timed “fuck you” during a break in the conversation. (Dad taught it that one.) Grandma didn’t understand it, but the rest of us did… :flushed: :laughing:

I’m not surprised that it’s cockatoos doing this. Their beaks are strong enough to do the job, and they can be pretty aggressive when they feel like it. We usually kept smaller birds, as they were easier to manage (and less likely to bite off a finger.)

13 Likes

Won’t someone think of the children (that we made up for the purposes of this post because no child would ever act like that)!

4 Likes

14 Likes

You’ve probably seen this or can relate:

The birds seemed to encourage each other’s swearing and laughing.

12 Likes

White riot!

ezgif.com-add-text (1)

7 Likes