Odd Stuff (Part 2)

The biggest unanswered question here: Holy crap, why?

Qld tradie to walk free after cutting off men’s testicles

https://www.themercury.com.au/breaking-news/qld-tradie-avoids-jail-for-cutting-off-the-penises-of-two-men-in-backyard-operation/news-story/dac6a4cb0bdfca750d8b7ee845fe1979

8 Likes

Yeah, I think I’ll keep the windows closed for a bit.

7 Likes

UK’s National Museum of Computing asks tunesmiths to recreate bleeps, bloops, and parps of retro game music

The UK’s National Museum of Computing (TNMOC) is running a competition aimed at recreating the bleeps, whistles, and flatulent squawks of video game music from years gone by.

[…]

3 Likes

Hell of a ring. 510 kilograms.

18 Likes

Ratna means ‘jewel’ in Sinhalese (one of the two main languages in Sri Lanka).

10 Likes
21 Likes

The beginning of the MiB agency.

1 Like

I LOL’ed at this Oracle error message

17 Likes

I am not sure if this is the best moment for this project.

13 Likes

Something tells me none of the folks involved watched 12 Monkeys (the series). :grimacing:

11 Likes
9 Likes
15 Likes

McPrepper Mansion.

1 Like

A little light-hearted game:

There are supposed to be about six endings; three are secret, but I have no idea how to get them. There doesn’t seem to be much replay value, but it’s quick fun.

2 Likes

Nice. I got the first three main endings but I’m not sure how to get the secret ones.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Public research labs in France are temporarily halting their work into prions, after at least two employees are believed to have contracted a rare but universally fatal prion brain disease. One woman has since died, almost certainly after having been exposed during a lab accident in 2010, while the second is reportedly still alive, and it is not yet confirmed whether her illness was caused by lab exposure.

[…]

3 Likes

Speed Racer meets Spawn, I’d go to that movie.

3 Likes
17 Likes

Stealing priceless ancient relics is something of a hobby of theirs.

12 Likes