Odd Stuff (Part 2)

Pro tip for wannabe fascist dictators: keep your troops and their families well fed.
10 Likes

Herring farts.

Herrings fart.

Who knew!

13 Likes

ezgif.com-optimize

7 Likes

I tend to prefer to “save” bugs by letting them loose outside rather than getting out the vacuum or letting the cats kill them, but fucking silverfish, man. They have like no structural integrity. No matter how gently I try to handle them, I always end up with a silver stripe in their place by the end.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Speaking of bugs:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-archer-daniels-innovafeed-insects/adm-innovafeed-to-build-worlds-biggest-insect-protein-plant-in-illinois-idUKKBN28001C

The plant will produce 60,000 tonnes of animal feed protein annually from Hermetia Illucens, a highly nutritional type of fly, along with 20,000 tonnes of oils for poultry and swine rations and 400,000 tonnes of fertilizer, the companies said in a release.

3 Likes

Cool!
We got some human food from these folks a few years ago:

They’re local, but they get the product from afar. We got some of the crickets, different flavors. It was okay but I think just too processed or something for my taste.
I’ve tried a few different insect dishes over the years and liked them fine. They were all freshly prepared, though.
But it’s cool to see insect protein even become part of the mainstream USian conversation within my lifetime.
2 Likes

Yeah, sucks though that ADM is the big force behind this one.

3 Likes

7 Likes

Sure to be yugely popular!

strangers-with-candy-good-times

8 Likes

9 Likes

Well, I do have uncommonly good taste.

11 Likes

Wait, are you inviting people to eat your tail?!

7 Likes

Perhaps a select few.

7 Likes

:sweat_smile:

It’s Sunday morning here, so I think I’d better stop now.

8 Likes

Spoiler: pupper and owner are fine, and the owner doesn’t want the alligator removed or killed.

No word on the cigar the guy was chomping the entire time. I’m guessing it was a lost cause.

13 Likes

Florida man has turned over a new leaf! Just as much derring-do but now, with heroic overtones. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Something for the Weekend, Sir?

One does not simply shove elephants on a ballet shoe point and call it an acceptable measure of pressure

1 Like

Even by McMansion Hell standards, this one is over the top bonkers.

14 Likes