Odd Stuff (Part 2)

8 Likes

Even the last one is putting weird emphasis on the word “MARRIED” in the opening paragraph. That’s like the least salient point…

4 Likes

Episode 90 - Science for Hippies

Tom Thumb, world traveler and author, talks about his latest book titled “Science for Hippies: An alternative guide to how we know anything at all”. It’s a brilliant, approachable book on how we know what we know. You can pick it up at a great price on Amazon in either Kindle or print on demand.

1 Like
4 Likes

“Big black Nemesis
Parthenogenesis
No one move a muscle as the dead come home…”

6 Likes

Heh!

So cool that they made an awesome dance song out of that.

4 Likes

They seem to all-cap the first word of every story, and the first two if the first word is “A.”

1 Like

Report details how Airbus pilots saved the day when all three flight computers failed on landing

Airbus is to implement a software update for its A330 aircraft following an incident in 2020 where all three primary flight computers failed during landing.

The result was a loss of thrust reversers and autobrake systems and the pilots having to use manual braking to bring the aircraft, a China Airlines A330-302, to a halt just 30 feet before the end of the runway. The incident happened at Taipei Songshan Airport on 14 June 2020.

[…]

8 Likes
11 Likes

8 Likes

Sweet sixteen.

2 Likes

A goose named Lou Reed?

4 Likes

Is the picture actually of Iggy Pop? It’s weird enough that I’m almost thinking it was intentional.

7 Likes

Sure looks like Iggy to me. Just one of several odd things about the whole…mess.

8 Likes

Some bird, Iggy Pop, Lou Reed, 1980, Black Flag, 1996. Does that watermark say “@shannoneperry”?

https://instagram.com/shannoneperry

7 Likes

Could be! Some of those are just as random, and seemingly pointless.

3 Likes

Also maybe looks like Anthony Kiedis from the RHCP?

It reminds me of that Portlandia sketch of the guy who has a tattoo of Eddie Vedder playing the tambourine. It just doesn’t seem right.

6 Likes

Hmm yeah, maybe. I still lean towards Iggy, but you may be right!

2 Likes

I was bored.

8 Likes

OMG… that’s hilarious…

It’s a great likeness of Iggy…er, I mean Lou… er, Greg Ginn?

5 Likes