Odd Stuff (Part 2)

17 Likes

“Women who are normal have children and have no time to waste on baubles.”

15 Likes

Baubles are a girl’s woman’s best friend!

7 Likes

Christmas Board Games GIF by AsmodeeGames

11 Likes
2 Likes

Its Always Sunny Yes GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

3 Likes

Massachusetts Woman taunts Florida Man in his own backyard.

15 Likes

According to an international survey of drug use, Finland was found to be the country with the largest proportion of individuals who acquired drugs on the dark web. Around 45 percent of the nearly 2,200 respondents who had used or bought drugs in Finland over the past year said they had acquired them via the anonymous network.

The next-highest ranking country was the UK, with 29 percent of respondents saying the same, and in third place was Australia with 15 percent.

5 Likes

classic.
simply classic…
kudos, Ms. Smith of Boston. a superior performance on the Florida-da Stage.
brava! :clap:t4:

10 Likes

Forest therapy for office workers

The southern city of Lahti has installed “forest workstations” on trees to promote working outdoors, reports Swedish-language daily Hufvudstadsbladet.

Most of the standing workstations are near the town’s centre, though one of the standing desks is located 16 kilometres outside the city in the Lapakisto nature conservation area.

The roofed workstations include a telephone and cup holder, space for a laptop, and a hook for bags.

The stations do not, however, have chargers.

“The risk of vandalism was too great if we had used expensive solar panels,” said city spokesperson Saara Piispanen.

https://www.hbl.fi/artikel/lahtis-nyaste-arbetsstationer-star-mitt-i-skogen/

13 Likes

? They’re all over the place for traffic signals so it’s not like they aren’t ubiquitous anyway.

3 Likes

AFAIK they aren’t used for that in Finland. I have vague memory of few used to power something (weather stations or changing speed limit signs) on a highway.

The only places I see solar panels are Helsinki city bike stations and some benches.

600x348__aurinkopaneelipenkki_3

9 Likes

When in Florida…

COVID notwithstanding, I’d be scared to visit Florida, lest it cause me to become an honorary Florida Man.

2 Likes
4 Likes

Not sure if that’s data or electricity, but never will I ever plug a device into a public data port. Ever. Those little USB ports in Airports? Hell to the no.

7 Likes

Electricity.

4 Likes

Super helpful if it’s an electrical plug. I wish more cities did that sort of thing. Having a USB port for charging, as many places do, is downright silly.

4 Likes

So long as it’s a USB-A plug you can usually find a cable to fit that is strictly for charging (no data lines, only power).

7 Likes

The metro I am currently on has power plugs.

9 Likes

I always figure that some clever person has figured a way to attached something to a public USB-A that will allow it to steal data, or upload something. I once saw “using a public USB port” described as “like using a toothbrush you found in a gutter.” That stuck with me.

6 Likes