Odd Stuff (Part 2)

Oh I don’t doubt it. But if you have no data lines in your cable then there’s no data transfer.

9 Likes
6 Likes
9 Likes

(Make sure you watch to the end.)

5 Likes

The original Atari cabinets for Race Drivin’/Hard Drivin’ were the only ones I’ve ever seen that had a true-to-life stick shift with a proper clutch pedal, along with a force-feedback steering wheel. I’d love to see something like that done with a modern GPU handling the graphics.

4 Likes

I used to love arcade Hard/Race Drivin’ precisely because of its realism. Feels funny to say that given how absolutely primitive it was graphically but the controls were something else. Wanna shift your own gears? Cool - but you better make sure you use the clutch.

3 Likes

What a woman. :bowing_man:

14 Likes
4 Likes
8 Likes

https://twitter.com/sirjoancornella?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

"Social media platforms may not agree with Cornellà’s art because of the uncomfortable questions it raises about death, police brutality, child and sex abuse, among many other dark themes, however, Cornellà notes that his art makes important reflections about the world around us.

“He told UNILAD how ‘violence is inherent to the human being’ and that social media may often censor his work, but ‘it is something like what religious institutions do, so we could say that Zuckerberg pretends to be something like the cyber pope’.”

Hey Zuck!..

12 Likes

Cross post

The amount of unacknowledged homoeroticism among right wing guys is as large as Ernst Rohm’s Hugo Boss suit collection.

9 Likes

Thanks, I love his work.

5 Likes

He has some quirky slightly disturbing 3D stuff too:

3 Likes

"…they don’t even want to fight. They get drunk, they slap each other’s asses, they kiss each other on the f***** cheek, lick each other in the f****** face, you know?"*

https://guy-maddin.com/projects/sissy-boy-slap-party/

4 Likes
6 Likes
10 Likes

Strange light in the sky

Tabloid Iltalehti is among the papers carrying the news, photos and videos of a strange light seen in the sky over large parts of Finland Thursday night and especially in Finnish Lapland.

“I was outside and noticed a really strange ball of light was moving in the sky, followed by three smaller ones,” Iltalehti reader Sirpa Määttä told the paper. “The ball progressed steadily downwards and changed shape. Its tail disappeared and the ball first brightened into a small point of light, after which it turned into a larger ball of misty light that disappeared behind the fell.”

Satellite researcher Matias Takala reported on Twitter that what people saw was a Russian rocket launch.

“It seems to have been the launch of a Soyuz 2.1V rocket carrying a military satellite from the Plesetsk cosmodrome,” Takala tweeted.

7 Likes
10 Likes
5 Likes

The entire NYC subway system has an off switch?

13 Likes