Odd Stuff (Part 2)

This was interesting and the pics of the step wells were really pretty.

12 Likes

If you look very carefully, you’ll see that the northwest edge of Indiana – against the southern shore of Lake Michigan – is white rather than red. That’s because within that area, all the streams and rivers flow into the Great Lakes system, not the Mississippi River. This is also true for basically all of the state of Michigan including the UP.

7 Likes

Yikes, a sprinkles dustup!!

8 Likes

Don’t worry when they get Brexit done done done they can sell crunchy frogs and spring surprises all they like.

8 Likes

The story describes this as a “large” meteorite but size is all relative. This was about the size of a cabbage but the extinction-level ones are meteorites too.

(Admittedly, I would probably also describe it as large if it landed in my bed.)

9 Likes

If anybody is curious, the “disputed” red food coloring here is FD&C Red No. 3 (or E127 if you’re nasty). Fun fact is Mrs. Ficus is allergic to FD&C Red No. 40 which is in seemingly everything. Can’t even get prescription drugs without checking the data sheet these days.

10 Likes

I’m more curious about “Kevin James” and “Boats”.

4 Likes

And then as something I think is interesting, it used to be even less…the Missouri appeared along with the Yellowstone caldera around 600 millennia ago. Before that, water from the area flowed north, and more than half the continent all emptied through an even larger river.

PaleoBellRiverMap

15 Likes
6 Likes

Snuggly.

14 Likes

A mystery has been solved!

21 Likes

Gary Larson, is that you?

6 Likes

9 Likes

That’s like something straight out of r/ShittyTodayILearned or r/ShittyAskScience

3 Likes

The likeness is uncanny.

4 Likes
9 Likes
4 Likes

Exactly what my office door needed. Thanks!

1 Like

Those junky old garden things sold for HOW much?

(The people that bought them might have to deal with stolen property claims from Egypt.)

2 Likes