Odd Stuff (Part 2)

I think that might have been the same guy, but I’m not sure…

1 Like

Nuts if he was, I can’t imagine hearing the crashes, and only looking up from your phone to cross the street again (possibly he had ANC earbuds or sth), and not even bothering to check out the stacked SUVs.

1 Like

Well, he could have been coming back to check and damage and see if he could help in some way, though. The video cuts off just as he re-appears…

2 Likes

Well for whatever reason, he’s definitely calm in the face of a storm.

3 Likes

The Tickle-Me Elmo of the 2021 season?

13 Likes

Today I Learned:

“Jiminy Cricket!” was uttered in Pinocchio 's immediate Disney predecessor, 1937’s Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs by the seven dwarfs as a minced oath . It also occurs in the 1938 Mickey Mouse cartoon “Brave Little Tailor”. The name was uttered once more in 1939’s The Wizard of Oz by the protagonist Dorothy Gale which was done as a reference to Snow White.

6 Likes

Three-Eyed Dick Diggers hit Roman Homer!

8 Likes

so, if I understand this right, Jiminy Cricket:Jesus Christ::gosh darn:god damn?

8 Likes

One would hope so but there is some crazy dashcam footage that says otherwise. I’m talking about whether the pedestrian or the driver is given right of way as it pertains to the law, with the UK seemingly pushing for further changes to the Highway Code giving priority to pedestrians. In the dim recesses of my memory i seem to remember that in the States the gas guzzler is given right of way and priority because of how much the culture is geared around driving everywhere.

3 Likes

bbc series 25 GIF by Top Gear

4 Likes

Technically one must yield to pedestrians, but yes, car culture has many people assuming otherwise. Even many cops.

13 Likes

That’s been changing in the past ten years. The number of municipalities warning drivers that traffic must yield to pedestrians (with new painted crosswalks, pedestrian/yield combined signage, and signs with flashing lights above the road at crosswalks not located in an intersection) has increased dramatically. I’m in PA where many college towns have used these methods instead of expensive skywalks or pedestrian bridges.

However, I was surprised to see this expand to main roads in the county seat, towns with a lot of shopping centers on either side of 4 or 5-lane roads, and roads connecting the parking lots of large office or medical complexes. Back in the day, people on foot always yielded to cars, unless at an intersection with a crossing signal. Now, TPTB are making it clear that traffic must stop. Reminds me of how things work in western states, but I hope younglings keep in mind that a lot of older drivers learned under a very different system and look before they step off the curb. I still see some drivers ignoring the new signs - especially in traffic circles.

8 Likes

I can imagine it’s a long old process because every State makes its own driving laws, which i have to continually remind myself when talking about the US as a whole.

3 Likes

A “centibillion” would be one percent of a billion

100 billion is a hectobillion

2 Likes

We have a “push the button, cross on flashing light” crosswalk in San Ysidro, and it’s a crap shoot whether people will stop for you or not.

4 Likes

24 Likes

I am shocked a lifestyle company selling overpriced crap to rich idiots is capable of making such a mistake.

1 Like
8 Likes

But how did the crocodile ever get close enough to attack him?

Believing the 4m crocodile was simply a life-size model, the 68-year-old climbed into its pool and pulled out his phone to take a selfie.

Ah

11 Likes

Nice to see that even after so many millions of years, the tactic of sitting very still and waiting for stupid food to walk into your mouth still works.

17 Likes