Odd Stuff (Part 2)

This is just someone hanging their laundry in the window in the apartment block across from me, but damned if that doesn’t look creepy AF

6 Likes

the tactic of sitting very still and waiting for stupid food to walk into your mouth still works.

A yet we have Florida… :thinking:

1 Like

9 Likes

When we first lived in England, the everyday greeting “Are you OK?” had an inflection that always had me checking to see if my arm had fallen off.

13 Likes
7 Likes

and yet I can’t seem to sit still long enough with mouth open to catch anything more that the occasional fly. go figure. :man_shrugging:t4:

4 Likes

I guess if you’re going to be stuck somewhere, there are worse places than a pub…

13 Likes

Perkele.

1 Like

It’s the Winchester, or nothing.

Edit:

The Winchester is gone. Damn it.

“ 1. Duke of Albany, 39 Monson Road, New Cross Gate

The first Shaun of the Dead filming location is the most iconic, The Winchester Tavern ! In a metaphorical sense, ‘The Winchester” has become a place of safety, respite and contentment. I mean, The Winchester Pub is a pub after all, who wouldn’t be content at a pub?! Side note, it’s very odd watching people smoke indoors.

Shaun of the Dead shot the Winchester scenes (the exteriors, at least) at the Duke of Albany pub on 39 Monson Road, New Cross Gate. Unfortunately, like all historic buildings, it closed down and became a block of flats a few years later. A real shame, that.”

10 Likes
12 Likes

He and I have/will have the same birthday!

6 Likes

well then, if The Winchester is closed, we’ll have to make it to World’s End.
cheers, mate!

10 Likes

I’d actually put a q mark after that claim.

20 Likes
11 Likes

craig-ferg-go-wrong

14 Likes

I’ve seen that movie. It doesn’t end well.

10 Likes

I dunno, it was kind of a cute movie.

8 Likes

Do you want replicators?

Or new forms of cancer?

5 Likes

That was standard fare in driver’s ed when I was in high school (1981-2) - and those were 1950s-era cars and highway design standards. There was another one, “Small Cars in Crashes” that we had as well, and I think that was an Insurance Institute for Highway Safety production, featuring crash-test footage. The scene I recall best from that one was the hapless crash-test dummy from the Chevy Vega holding its head in its lap.

More recently, IIHS did a '59 Chevy Bel Air vs. a 2009 Chevy Malibu, and it was no contest; the Malibu creamed the '59.

1 Like

What Could Possibly Go Wrong?

Xeno-phobic-bots?

2 Likes