Odd Stuff (Part 2)

Lots of uses for them.

2 Likes

So Ned Flanders is Ted Lasso… no surprise really

1 Like

From what I can tell…foreign student is not used to snow, ice and other cold weather artifacts and decides to do some exploring without realizing the dangers involved, and the public is freaking out that he might fall through the ice.

Celebrity Apprentice Yes GIF

8 Likes

There’s a typo in that one-box: it was about 1,000 FEET, not miles.

The thing is that because it’s a man-made promontory there, it is hard to believe the student, even if new to the area, would not have understood they were walking on a frozen lake. The limestone steps down to the water, even if covered with snow, would still show a steep cliff, and everyone knows Chicago is on Lake Michigan. But did he realize that such a large lake would have spots where the ice was hard enough to walk on, and then spots where it wasn’t? Apparently not, and that’s what people worried about. If he’d gone through the ice, no one would have been able to get to him in time.

11 Likes

I agree fully, but where were the folks who should have spoken up about the dangers of walking on Lake Michigan in winter before that dude wandered out there? That’s what I want to know.

I lived in Chicago for a couple of years, and I think people there are happy to point out stupid things you should not do in Chicago.

8 Likes

Oh, they do mention it on the news, during the weather report especially, but how many students watch TV news?

7 Likes

Let me know if you want a list!!

Benny The Bull Lol GIF by NBA

6 Likes

I was in a concentration for Film & Media Studies while pursuing my degree. :rofl:

We all watched the news in my student class, except it was Gainesville, FL…so more “loose 'gator on campus” warnings.

9 Likes

A veterinarian prescribed antibiotics Monday for a camel that lives behind an Iberville Parish truck stop after a Florida woman told law officers she bit the 600 pound animal’s genitalia after it sat on her when she and her husband entered its enclosure to retrieve their deaf dog.

18 Likes

Florida, you say?

17 Likes

I think it was Florida Man’s day off.

14 Likes

Did this come from the Bulwer-Lytton contest? It’s a sure winner!

2 Likes

dont camel GIF

People really shouldn’t fuck with camels. They are mean, big, and can hurt you…

14 Likes
13 Likes
5 Likes

hem-polaroid-350

12 Likes

Looks like a great way to break a leg. :grimacing:

8 Likes
8 Likes
20 Likes

Statler & Waldorf__computer__349x199

12 Likes