Odd Stuff (Part 2)

Have you tried restarting? Reinstalling? Upgrading? Moving house and changing your identity?

1 Like

Might seem odd but Helsinki is in the far south and it doesn’t usually get this much snow.

11 Likes

14 Likes

Harry Potter Wow GIF by Sky

11 Likes

WHAT IS THIS SORCERY???!!!

No really, that’s a complete sentence.

6 Likes

They did this on Nov. 5, 1996, too.The day of the US Presidential election.

4 Likes

26 Likes

Specifically to 104.9 on the radio.

10 Likes

At least they get a free year!

3 Likes

Does page 2 include jeans and a seat cover? :thinking:
:rofl:

6 Likes

I drew something like this when I dropped a friend’s camera.
No questions, just a cheque in the post two weeks or so later.

5 Likes
14 Likes

A man tried to stop a robbery hitting the criminal with a dead chiken.

11 Likes

Did you draw your friend expressions too?

6 Likes

Progress! We’ve gone down from always being 20 years in the future to only being perpetually 15 years in the future.

15 Likes

memories are meaningless without emotion—and aside from love and drugs, nothing spurs an emotional reaction like music. Brain imaging studies show that our favorite songs stimulate the brain’s pleasure circuit, which releases an influx of dopamine, serotonin, oxytocin, and other neurochemicals that make us feel good. The more we like a song, the more we get treated to neurochemical bliss, flooding our brains with some of the same neurotransmitters that cocaine chases after.

Music lights these sparks of neural activity in everybody. But in young people, the spark turns into a fireworks show. Between the ages of 12 and 22, our brains undergo rapid neurological development—and the music we love during that decade seems to get wired into our lobes for good. When we make neural connections to a song, we also create a strong memory trace that becomes laden with heightened emotion, thanks partly to a surfeit of pubertal growth hormones. These hormones tell our brains that everything is incredibly important—especially the songs that form the soundtrack to our teenage dreams (and embarrassments).

14 Likes

can someone explain this to me, i find myself somewhat puzzled–

23 Likes

They don’t discriminate against applicants for little things like being dead.

12 Likes

Counterfeit euros going from Russia through Philly to Miami. Where apparently, the euro is in circulation?

10 Likes

I’m guessing they used the same web interface for accessing certificates of birth, deaths, and marriages. It does look like [myself] is grayed out though.

11 Likes