Odd Stuff (Part 2)

1 Like

I wonder if it’s related to this sister “Ace” vessel of some notoriety:

2 Likes

Look, people still ask arriving travellers whether they are members of any proscribed organisation on the basis that the odd ISIS member/ geriatric Nazi might own up.

Compared to that, this particular scheme to winkle out any undead hiding amongst us is devilishly subtle.

2 Likes

Live stream of planes landing at Heathrow in high crosswinds. The running commentary is what makes it.

3 Likes

A popular misconception. The vessel is not truly “abandoned” until the owner has made it clear, usually by renouncing the claim or by extended inaction to reacquire the vessel, that s/he has no intention of reasserting claim. Otherwise any sailboat owners who jumped off their boats to go for a swim would risk losing their title.

4 Likes

Bad day to take the ferry

17 Likes

16 Likes
11 Likes
12 Likes
22 Likes

Wow… not afraid of flying myself, but I feel that people who are should watch this. Not only are these planes landing in a storm, they’re doing in it every 3 minutes or so.
Feeling a bit lowdown about humanity in general atm, but this perks up my spirits. Human ingenuity and perseverance at its finest, thanks.

3 Likes
9 Likes

Food for thought on the return to the office

1 Like

It seems like they’re just making up terms now to avoid saying climate change or admitting the weather is less predictable than before:

8 Likes

Gotta keep collecting those gubmint subsidies to grow that inefficient ethanol!

4 Likes

11 Likes

Literally listening to this, when I see your post…

4 Likes

Pink Floyd Drugs GIF by Challenger

3 Likes

If at first you don’t succeed, try again! :notes:

2 Likes

Leonard Cohen Lol GIF

14 Likes