Odd Stuff (Part 2)

Nixie Tubes in the Dash!

hyundai-pony-heritage-ev-7

Cool.

8 Likes

Microsoft demotes Calibri from default typeface gig, starts fling with five other fonts

Bierstadt
Grandview
Seaford’s
Skeena’s
Tenorite

5 Likes

I think readability and universal design should be the key points. The much derided comic sans is very good for dyslexia, probably the most widespread one that is, these appear to have variation in thickness without the vibration associated with “new face” fonts like the supremely ugly and laughably unreadable Times New Roman.

3 Likes

X-All-The-Y_phixr

12 Likes

Well yeah, but the default font is going to be in your face a lot whether you choose it or not for the next few years.

1 Like

Not only were half of an AI text adventure generator’s sessions NSFW but some involved depictions of sex with children

AI Dungeon, which uses OpenAI’s GPT-3 to create online text adventures with players, has a habit of acting out sexual encounters with not just fictional adults but also children, prompting the developer to add a content filter.
[…]

Our “corporate identity” stipulates Arial 11p for everything.
I think I can handle Bierstadt.
(Which, incidentally, is a nickname of Dortmund.)

4 Likes

“A couple of grown men were disappointed when they didn’t get the Baby Yoda balloon from The Mandalorian series. We ran out of them early on. But the disappointment in adults is greater than the kids’ if they can’t get a certain balloon,” Kahlos says.

3 Likes

How will this effect term-paper page counts?

4 Likes

*“This was a case of young dolphins purposely experimenting with something we know to be intoxicating … After chewing the puffer gently and passing it around, they began acting most peculiarly, hanging around with their noses at the surface as if fascinated by their own reflection.”

“squuuuuuekeeeellllttttii!” Translation: “Dude, check it out!”

13 Likes
9 Likes
3 Likes

Willy Wonka Eye Roll GIF

4 Likes
15 Likes
15 Likes

Turtles cross the Pacific using a transwarp conduit thermal corridor.

14 Likes
5 Likes
4 Likes

6 Likes

IDGI. Someone drew on the wall in pencil and…

1 Like