Odd Stuff (Part 2)

I don’t get it either. I thought it was a spider. But why magnify it?

2 Likes

Boomer goals:

11 Likes
2 Likes

This video showed up as an ad many times in multiple videos on YouTube yesterday. I finally watched it all the way through and now I’m equal parts amused and bemused.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1i-mToPr2Y

2 Likes

A gray squirrel just attacked and climbed me when I stepped out onto the porch. That was pretty odd. I like to think of myself as kind of tough, but I did not handle the encounter with much stoicism.

16 Likes

What the hell?

10 Likes

I can’t think of anything more soulless than Oktoberfest in Dubai.

4 Likes

Ran into some very aggressive red squirrels in Zion, Utah a few years ago. Years of feeding by tourist hikers have tuned them into attack squirrels. You really have to watch your back there.

5 Likes

Eep! Most of my brain would’ve been thinking Rabies! Rabies! RABIES!

Hope it didn’t bite you?

5 Likes

No idea, but it really threw off my morning! When I stepped out, I was surprised to see it. I tried to shoo it away and instead it leapt onto my foot then climbed up onto my head when I tried to shake it off! I got it off, but it still hung around on the porch and acted like it wanted to come inside. So then I shakily researched rabies in squirrels, because I was bleeding. Then I took another shower and considered putting bourbon in my coffee…

ETA @milliefink - Me too!!! I was so freaked. But it turns out small rodents don’t really pose a threat of that. Phew! Also, it scratched, but no bites.

12 Likes

That’s… kind of scary. I’m sorry!

6 Likes

Good to hear it was only scratches.

If that were me, I’d consider having a pest control service relocate that bad citizen to some other county.

6 Likes

I always have these scenarios in my mind, like what I would do if we had an intruder or something. Usually involves me quickly taking devastating action upon the enemy.
But the way I immediately lost my shit upon being attacked by a small rodent makes me think things would not unfold as they do in my imagination.

14 Likes

Yeah, we had big, fat attack squirrels at the University of Florida because students kept feeding them. I don’t know if they ever came up with a solution to the problem.

6 Likes

I had some interns complete some photo surveys for a VR Sim project in DC a long while back and they kept getting attacked by squirrels while crouching for pics etc. Lost at least two interns because of those tree rats! (No interns were consumed by squirrels)

5 Likes

Bitcoin is ‘disgusting and contrary to the interests of civilization’ says famed investor Charlie Munger

2 Likes

This past winter my car sat fairly idle, having been laid off last March, and the chipmunks took the opportunity to make themselves at home in the engine compartment. Between an air conditioning hose, air intake, wiring harness, windshield fluid line, the hood insulation, they caused over $1000 of damage. They even found their way into the glove compartment and chewed on the registration and insurance cards.

9 Likes

Why…why does it suddenly look like a mini-kangaroo?? :fearful:

5 Likes

I found nest materials under the hood of my car last year. The smell of mint is supposed to repel them, so I bought some spray and used it on the driveway all around the car. I also sprayed a few easily removable rags and put them in strategic locations. Never saw evidence that they returned after that.

9 Likes

It was the microchips wasn’t it?

7 Likes