Odd Stuff (Part 3)

That’s from 1999. The past is a foreign country: they do things differently there.

12 Likes
12 Likes

Is that razor suitable for those with thin skins?

17 Likes

Does that mean that it’s dull?

12 Likes
23 Likes

“Blades so finely-honed they could shave a snowflake!”

12 Likes
8 Likes

Probably an RFID anti-theft label that the shop put on there. This would also explain the anti-microwave warning as the antenna in those things could cause a localised fire if heated in a microwave.

9 Likes

Ouch:

I do have a message for Matt this evening. He really, really wanted to be here tonight, but he couldn’t find a babysitter — to be his date, I mean. Come on.”

13 Likes

Sorry Told You GIF by Janet Jackson

9 Likes

I really enjoyed this! Thanks for posting it.

4 Likes

“It belongs in a museum, in Saskatchewan!”

Cleaning up after a “collector” that was an inspiration for the Indiana Jones character.

9 Likes

Were they in use by 1999?

5 Likes

8X7dIIs

21 Likes

20 Likes

23 Likes
4 Likes

Possibly? I first remember seeing them in around 2000-2001 when my local supermarket started using them on high value items. They could have been around before then and would have seemed very odd and new.

5 Likes

Meanwhile, Finland’s three-decade-old 2G networks will also be phased out in the next few years, according to ICT industry lobby group the Finnish Federation for Communications and Teleinformatics (Ficom).

Weird I thought NMT was still a thing up north…

6 Likes

“Sen. Raphael Warnock (D-Ga.) took aim at President Joe Biden over a clip that shows him clapping out of sync with Black churchgoers at Atlanta’s Ebenezer Baptist Church last month.”

Warnock: We don’t clap on the one and the three, we clap on the two and the four. I’m not pointing anybody out but someone should tell the president

:rofl: (Looked for, but was unable to locate appropriate gif from Us)

10 Likes