Odd Stuff (Part 3)

11 Likes

Excited Tom Hiddleston GIF by Disney+

9 Likes

New study sheds light on socioeconomic and environmental predictors of metal music production

3 Likes

I think this piece gets more into why it’s a problem.

One reason is that at least in some cases, they apparently don’t need the money.

I think another, more basic problem is just that they’re lying about what they’re doing.

In America, just some of the states that have issued police warnings over this scam include Florida, Maryland, Michigan, Texas and Arizona.

The con has been coined a “nationwide problem” by many, and due to the spread of the scam, authorities are surmising this could be more organised than initially reported.

Police in Florida believe that these fraudulent fiddlers may be part of a larger group, who are travelling the south-east of America, using the same scam to fool passersby into soliciting donations.

5 Likes

I mean, this would be like someone halfway across the world making a screen-grab of one of my paintings, making one of those canvas prints, and selling who knows how many copies of it in different markets. That’s just infuriating. :angry:

5 Likes

I found this hilarious but TW: it involves dressing a small dog in a spider costume.

6 Likes
16 Likes
7 Likes

“The CB gone done woke maw!”

8 Likes

The biggest problem with tiny homes is always the land they sit on.

5 Likes

Certainly qualifies as odd (and cute):

6 Likes

14 Likes

'kin hell!

2 Likes

Seen on dog walk today.

9/10 for effort. 5/10 for spelling.

See me after class!

3 Likes

“Hey you got peanut butter in my weed vape canisters!”

“You got weed vape canisters in my peanut butter”

3 Likes

One to watch: Open-source code that measures your exposure to CCTV

2 Likes

When US national laboratories develop a new technology, Uncle Sam is supposed to ensure it is commercialized in America. But that’s not what happened with what’s said to be a breakthrough battery design.

A vanadium redox flow battery (VRFB) design created at Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL) has wound up in the hands of a Chinese company, which has since gone on to become the largest manufacturer of VRFBs in the world. The US, which owns the patent and invested $15 million of taxpayer dollars into its development, reportedly has no domestic production site for the novel VRFBs.

[…]

3 Likes
6 Likes
7 Likes

I made some of the catnip-based insect repellant and just field tested it in a very buggy setting in MA for 4 days. It worked for me, which is pretty monumental. Borderline phenomenal.
Let me know if you want the recipe.

10 Likes