Odd Stuff (Part 3)

Yes, please!!!

(And I’ll test it as a cat attractant too.)

7 Likes

6 Likes

Can I get in on this sweet catnip action? Much obliged.

4 Likes

Oh, good! There were no kitties there. Can’t wait to hear the results!
Recipe:
Fill a half pint mason jar with dried, crushed catnip.
Fill with alcohol (I used everclear, but I think rubbing alcohol would work, too, and is more drinkable :joy:)
Tightly close the jar and put on a shelf in a cool-ish dark place for 6 weeks. Shake the jar every day that you remember.
Pour the infusion through a cheesecloth or tea strainer. This is the base. It will be green.
I tried 2 versions:

1. I diluted the base 1:1 with water.
  2. Kept the base undiluted.

To both I added about 5-10 drops each of peppermint, lavender, and rosemary essential oils.

The undiluted version worked best, but both worked. I used a spray bottle for the diluted kind, which, the spray bottle didn’t work very well. Used a dropper bottle for the undiluted kind, which worked great.
Currently testing it in ME, seems to be working :crossed_fingers:
(I just put some on as the mozzies are coming out, and as I was typing, one landed on my arm, walked around looking for a place to snack, then left w/o biting me. That srsly never happens to me, so, there you go! I’m a convert.

ETA- @Kii :heart:

12 Likes

The mysterious part is how if the supply chains for meat-based products are all ten times longer, why do vegan alternatives invariably cost more :confused:

2 Likes

I feel like I should be filing a bug report with God

10 Likes
11 Likes
23 Likes

Yeah I wouldn’t show my face either wearing those!

Damn those are hideous.

4 Likes
4 Likes
8 Likes
1 Like

Right of salvage.

3 Likes

I find this video to be oddly satisfying.

5 Likes

Wouldn’t it have been cheaper just to slap it into a paint can shaker? /s

4 Likes

Can anyone confirm?

5 Likes

8 Likes

And can anyone explain?

8 Likes

IKR

Does not compute.

5 Likes