Odd Stuff (Part 3)

Wait What Instinct GIF by CBS

6 Likes

Tips as to What to Avoid in the Dead Sea

• Don’t get the water into your eyes. It hurts. The water is 10-15 times more salty than ocean water.
  • Avoid splashing. You might get water in your eyes, or in someone elses. It’s not pleasant.
  • Don’t get it into your mouth, either. It doesn’t hurt, but it’s pretty gross tasting.
  • No peeing/farting in the water! Orifices tend to begin burning if they’re left long enough in the water of the Dead Sea and this speeds up that process. My first time in the Dead Sea I was 5 years old or so, and it was pretty awesome until things started burning. I ran out screaming.
  • DON’T SHAVE at least 24 hours before going into the Dead Sea. Same reason as above. It burns.
  • Don’t take any jewelry into the Dead Sea. The high salt and mineral concentration is good for our skins, but not so great for metals. Lets not find out that what you thought was pure metal isn’t. Rings, bracelets, earrings, necklaces…take all of it off before going in the water. Leave it at your hotel. Or in a locker. Or in your bag. Anywhere besides on you going into the Dead Sea.
16 Likes

I suppose sex is out of the question then.

Ouch

8 Likes

Who knows?

Report back to us on that one. :wink:

9 Likes

Thank U GIF by chuber channel

10 Likes
7 Likes

So a vtuber who jokingly interacted with a sex toy company on twitter quite a bit over several months was surprised when a fan of her’s decided to bring a toy from said company with him to a meet and greet in San Jose

1 Like

I don’t understand what any of that means. It’s like I don’t speak English any more. In fact I’m just old. What?

5 Likes

Hey, nineteen.

8 Likes

Because they’re not highly subsidized like meat production is.

Vegan “alternatives” also include things like unprocessed beans and nuts. Those often don’t coost more, especially when prepared by or for people who’ve gotten over the desire to eat something that resembles meat or processed meat.

7 Likes

Amazon continues trying to take over every single godddamn thing. :rage:

Each of iRobot’s connected Roomba vacuums and mops trundles around homes multiple times a week, mapping and remapping the spaces. On its latest model, the j7, iRobot added a front-facing, AI-powered camera that, according to Angle, has detected more than 43 million objects in people’s homes. Other models have a low-resolution camera that points at the ceiling for navigation.

All this makes it likely this purchase isn’t about robotics; if that’s what Amazon wanted, it would have bought iRobot years ago. Instead, it probably picked up the company (for a relative bargain — iRobot just reported a 30 percent revenue decline in the face of increasing competition) to get a detailed look inside our homes. Why? Because knowing your floor plan provides context. And in the smart home that Amazon is making a major play for, context is king.

12 Likes

so now Rosie the Roomba is going to report to the data mining eggheads at Bezosworld™ that the pile of dirty laundry in the corner of my bedroom hasn’t moved in a month?!

15 Likes

Won’t be long before they use that data to try to get you to buy another robot that will pick it up, wash and dry it, and lay it all on your bed.

Guess it’ll be another month or two after that before the laundry-folding option becomes available.

9 Likes
11 Likes

folding is a subscription-only service upgrade.

10 Likes

Or for when the black helicopters come for you in the night, the breach team will know to watch out for for the slippery Twister mat still left in the den.

14 Likes

You have to feed the bot disinformation!

15 Likes

Spoofing Roombas will be a thing.

12 Likes

Need I even say what that would be an awesome name for?

13 Likes

Enough with the notifications! Focus Assist will shut them u… ‘But I’m too important!’

Petrocelli… now that’s a name I haven’t heard in a long time.

5 Likes