Odd Stuff (Part 4)

Nice try, but you can’t fool me. That’s not a fedora

6 Likes

Why these cloud-connected 3D printers started making junk all by themselves

On August 15, 2023, 3D printer maker Bambu Lab experienced a service outage caused by what it’s described as “abnormal network traffic” that caused some customers’ cloud-connected printers to start creating plastic objects without user intervention.

Following the phantom printing, some customers complained on social media that their printers, which cost between $599 and $1,199 (£475 to £950), had been damaged. In some cases, printers tried to build objects on printer plates that were already occupied.

[…]

5 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

from

11 Likes

From now on - I’m only walking down stairs.

14 Likes

Got it! Elevator up, stairs down!!!

14 Likes

Looks like it’s the way god intended.

11 Likes

Who are we to argue with god!

Amazon Prime GIF by Good Omens

10 Likes

Don’t be fooled into putting something in the suggestion box.

7 Likes
3 Likes

Confused Thinking GIF by MOODMAN

8 Likes

Ytho GIF

9 Likes

5 Likes

They’re probably right about that last one.

3 Likes

… is somebody debating Ben Shapiro again :confused:

2 Likes

This is an odd thing to go mind of mainstream? Warning, as the story includes images of body suspension…

3 Likes

Very Richard Harris in A Man Called Horse.

3 Likes

On Wednesday, October 4 at 2:20 p.m. ET, every TV, radio and cellphone in the United States should blare out the distinctive, jarring electronic warning tone of an emergency alert, accompanied by a notice along these lines:

“This is a nationwide test of the Emergency Alert System, issued by the Federal Emergency Management Agency, covering the United States from 14:20 to 14:50 hours ET. This is only a test. No action is required by the public."

I’m putting a reminder in my phone for a few minutes before so I don’t embarrass myself. And wear the brown pants, just in case.

11 Likes

What’s really odd to me is the word “flushable” in the description of that product:

Equally odd is the lack of regulations about that labeling.

9 Likes

Well, technically many things are flushable that nonetheless should not be flushed-Lego men, goldfishes, stuffed bears, the whole roll of paper…the problems arise when they don’t break down into sludge and combine with the grease to grow into fatbergs the size of double deck buses. Alas, I can’t find a video of the Singing Sewer Men from the Thames Water Authority.

2 Likes

https://www.reddit.com/r/shittytattoos/comments/16385m4/im_not_mad_just_disappointed/

4 Likes