Odd Stuff (Part 4)

Free market proponents, like scarabs, grow by feeding on bullshit.

12 Likes

…and the bugs, unlike the people, are beautiful.

4 Likes

Well something happens to them before they get to aircraft-carrier size — maybe we can have a referendum to choose between “stop growing” and “everybody dies” :thinking:

2 Likes

I guess that luring them away with greasy fries and vindaloo would be against the animal Geneva Convention? :expressionless:

2 Likes

He really thinks that it would take 23 minutes to skim through that bong lint?

Patron Saints of Techno-Optimism is a hoot. I bet that he’s never read any Adam Smith that wasn’t filtered through George Mason University. He’s too chicken-shit to include Ayn Rand, but adds fictional John Galt.

Friedrich Hayek, Ludwig von Mises, Milton Friedman… I don’t know on which planet they could be called optimists, but this isn’t it. Murray Rothbard and James Buchanan must be feeling left out, in hell.

9 Likes

Reading part of a scroll that was burned to a crisp. Amazed.

4 Likes

Mitt is saying that Oprah said they should run for president together.

3 Likes

This is the manifesto of an emotionally insecure man having a mid-life crisis as he realises that his life’s work is meaningless and all the gold and treasure he has accumulated will never make him happy. Mid-life crises in men are often surprisingly redolent of the emotional outpouring of pseudo-intellectual silliness that accompany late teenage, that first period of life when boys start to realise they are not the centre of the world and lash out at the injustice of it all.

7 Likes

Anyways, just a general comment about waves hands about all this…

from

8 Likes
5 Likes
4 Likes
7 Likes

A “dragon”-like creature climbed near the top of a rocky peak in Laos. The animal’s coloring blended seamlessly into the surrounding patchwork of sunlight and shadows.

Well, almost seamlessly.

A scientist was on a bird watching expedition in Khammouane Province in August 2022 when they spotted an “unusual”-looking lizard on the nearby karst rocks, according to a study published Oct. 10 in the journal Zoological Research.

Soon after, a tour guide leading tourists through a zip line course spotted another of these “unusual” lizards, and researchers captured it, the study said. Intrigued, researchers surveyed the area’s limestone karst rocks and captured a second similar-looking lizard.

Taking a closer look, researchers realized they’d discovered a new species: Laodracon carsticola, or the Khammouane karst dragon.

8 Likes

Here I Am Hiding GIF by Bounce

2 Likes
7 Likes

Oh great. Now Arthur Brand is going to be the crazy cat lady of stolen paintings where people just drop 'em off when they’re no longer wanted. :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

Also:

7 Likes
4 Likes

6 Likes