Odd Stuff (Part 4)

I hope someone could make it canon.

1 Like

Better than number stations.

3 Likes
4 Likes

Ah, yes, the neighbour of the beastā€¦

2 Likes

ā€¦ based on how it works with chipped pets, that sounds like a good way to track down the rightful owners but maybe not so much the thieves :confused:

4 Likes

Is there a better place for this?

Alsoā€¦ HE IS WEARING THE WHITEST SHIRT IN THE HISTORY OF CREATION, OMG, ALL I CAN SEE IS HIS WHITE SHIRTā€¦ Seriously, his locks look like they are floating in liminal spaceā€¦ How did he get this shirt so. very. white.

4 Likes
3 Likes
6 Likes

I think there is some reflective material woven into the fabric, creating blowout on screen.

4 Likes
5 Likes
4 Likes

Also, I didnā€™t notice it when I first watched it, but I watched it later on my TV, and I think his nails are painted, tooā€¦

2 Likes

The Pope has given his blessing to a free online learning portal aimed at encouraging children to take up software development, while he administers the spiritual kind.

The so-called ā€œCode with Popeā€ initiative is an online software training tool designed to help kids between 11-15 learn the basics of Python. The 60-hour course teach the basic ground rules of coding on the platform and the children then get a certificate and information on where to learn more skills.

Itā€™s the brainchild of Miron Mironiuk, a Polish AI ad biz owner who wants to develop skills in the developing world. The platform runs in Spanish, English, Italian and Polish and Mironiuk said the papal approval could help convince kids to give it a try.

[ā€¦]

8 Likes

Thatā€™s horrible but logical . Facing a staff shortage - donā€™t increase wages, use forced labour instead.

5 Likes

My guess would be:

There are some points where his arm lingers over his shoulder and the shadow takes on a yellowish hue. Same for his side under his left arm.

5 Likes
5 Likes

Winona Ryder Movie GIF by filmeditor

2 Likes

in comparison, I have a tall-person sized cro-mo steel bike I ride in the city, and with my basket full of EDC including lock and toolkit Iā€™m only at 17kg. high tensile steel bikes, especially the old ones, really are boat anchors. him getting close to the amateurs riding Bromptonsā€™ time really shows his pro athleticism.

thereā€™s a climb I found exploring my neighborhood thatā€™s only a block or two long but I swear itā€™s at 45Ā°. Iā€™m probably exaggerating but itā€™s the toughest climb Iā€™ve ever done in the almost 45 years Iā€™ve been able to ride. midway through I was like ā€œwow, I really may not make it.ā€ felt just like that guy afterwards.

6 Likes

Scharre writes that all eight Marines were able to defeat the robot using techniques that could have come straight out of a Looney Tunes episode. Two of the Marines somersaulted toward the center of the traffic circle, thus using a form of movement the robot hadnā€™t been trained to identify. Another pair shuffled toward the robot under a cardboard box. One Marine even stripped a nearby fir tree and was able to reach the robot by walking ā€œlike a fir treeā€ (the meaning of which Twitter users are still working to figure out).

9 Likes

11 Likes