Odd Stuff (Part 5)

Bryant Park (though owned by the City) is privately run by some wealthy people. It has a budget of $25,000,000 a year and pays its CEO a million dollars a year between the corp and its related organizations.

9 Likes

Oh! Good context! Thanks!

5 Likes

stitchthisfiona

Today in niche genres of joke that I can never get enough of and will probably still be secretly thinking about four years later

cleolinda

cleolinda

lotus0kid

lotus0kid

pomme-poire-peche

lotus0kid

sashaforthewin

jack-of-no-cows

ghirahimbo

23 Likes

I expect this type of behavior more from the Shriners or Masons.

9 Likes
6 Likes

I think that article is missing the point. The complaints about the merger of news and entertainment are based on the idea that this leads to a misinformed public. And John doesn’t do that.

https://www.ucg.ac.me/skladiste/blog_22054/objava_41748/fajlovi/HEARING%20IT%20FROM%20JON%20STEWART.pdf

The culprits of the “News entertainment” phenomenon have always been the right wing propaganda machine.

10 Likes

A la Fux News?

I ask because I think of them and their ilk as far right, and CNN, MSNBC, Comedy Central, etc. as right. They’re all corporate-owned, so the bottom line is their primary interest. Look for example at how much they still boost Tromp for clicks, by making headline news out of his every comment, move, belch or smirk. Look at how cowardly they’re being about bothsidering the Israeli mass slaughter of Palestinians. Just for starters. Talk about “right wing propaganda machines”!

9 Likes

Fox and its imitators on the far right have been the worst offenders, but you’re right about the propaganda function of corporate news in general.

So it’s ironic that you get part of the corporate media pointing fingers at another part of the same system.

7 Likes

I wonder what words will be on its tombstone?

I’ll go with “Hired crypto bros to run it.”

2 Likes

…but certainly not the Oddfellows.

3 Likes

or possibly “Killed by ERCOT”

3 Likes

A very good boy!

12 Likes

img02

14 Likes

Spiderman Pointing GIF by Regal

6 Likes

from

22 Likes

… the author makes two claims about Stewart — that Stewart himself is responsible for the news media doing a bad job (which is absurd) and that Stewart’s critique of those media is too bothsidesy (which is true)

It’s sort of a mess :confused:

5 Likes
5 Likes

So if I use it to predict gambling outcomes and bet against it - I’m rich!

10 Likes
8 Likes
2 Likes