Odd Stuff (Part 5)

And even by big hawks, I gather.

5 Likes

That reminds me of the snow pile outside my grandparents door during winter gatherings. We never got that creative with itt though.

6 Likes
5 Likes

Sourdough library

Libraries across Finland have been developing their non-traditional collections to include everything from home improvement tools to musical instruments, blood pressure monitors and snowshoes.

Now Espoo’s Lippulaiva library is offering patrons 50-gram sourdough starter bags.

The fermented culture does not, however, need to be returned to the library, Maaseudun tulevaisuus reports.

10 Likes

I believe my neighbour used to have one of these to protect her little dog from the local owls.

5 Likes

Rubinstein, one of the founders of the Moscow Conceptualism movement, is 76 years old.

5 Likes
4 Likes

ren and stimpy nicksplat GIF

9 Likes

“The Mui Board has been about to launch since 2019, but the company says it’s coming for real this time. You can preorder it on Kickstarter for $499, with delivery in December 2024.”

Right…

8 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes

Rochester, Minnesota that is.

The tower has been around for almost a century as part of the city’s skyline, built as part of a cannery south of downtown. Reid, Murdoch and Co. built the 151-foot-tall tower in 1931, two years after the company opened a food canning plant near old Hwy. 14, on land that used to be part of Graham Park.

The water tower’s novelty design and recognition as a local waypoint and roadside attraction — pilots in training at a flight school in the 1940s used it as a beacon — meets state historic preservation guidelines similar to the fishing bobber tower in Pequot Lakes or the Big Fish in Cass County.

(here’s a gift link if you want a better look at the photo, but there isn’t too much more to the aticle)

7 Likes

LDS sues to block the use of name on a IPA
https://www.axios.com/local/salt-lake-city/2024/01/09/morman-church-beer-lawsuit-desert-ipa

4 Likes

A reminder to check in on your parents

3 Likes

Leverage S05E06 The D. B. Cooper Job

5 Likes

He looks closer to 60 than I do, and I am reliably informed I am 57.

6 Likes

7 Likes

6 Likes

North Korean state media has confirmed that he just turned 39 for the 6th consecutive year.* He def looks older, but evading/conducting assassination plots on the regular probably ages a dude.

*that's made up
6 Likes

As one does

2 Likes