Odd Stuff (Part 5)

15 Likes
9 Likes

Good job Gov., now stop support Trump, asshole.

11 Likes

Are you a couch lover?

5 Likes

12 Likes

25 Likes

15 Likes

See also

8 Likes

Confused The Next Generation GIF by Star Trek

5 Likes

I remember watching Pee Wee’s Playhouse, but not the full-one-minute closeup of a munching dog snout. :hushed:

6 Likes

Retro Pupper ASMR decades before the ASMR boom. Visionary!

5 Likes

16 Likes

Wikipedia: "After diplomatic relations between Guatemala and the Soviet Union were restored in 1990, Knorozov was invited by President Vinicio Cerezo to visit Guatemala. President Cerezo awarded Knorozov the Order of the Quetzal, and Knorozov visited several of the major Mayan archaeological sites—including Tikal. The government of Mexico awarded Knorozov the Order of the Aztec Eagle, the highest decoration awarded by the Mexican state to non-citizens, in a ceremony at the Mexican Embassy in Moscow on 30 November 1994. While receiving the award, he said in Spanish Mi corazón siempre es mexicano (My heart always remains with Mexico), or “My heart is forever Mexican.”

I love that this fragile eccentric prodigy ended his life finally seeing the Mayan structures at the heart of his scholarly contribution and being recognized in such a poetic way–he became both an eagle and a quetzal and a man from the north got to stand before the monuments of the Maya in the tropical jungle of Tikal (I’ve been there; it was densely forested and full of flitting butterflies and howler monkeys). Oh and he often gave co-authorship credit to his cat. Born in 1922, died in 1999. They put up a monument to him in Merida, Mexico, and had the grace and humor to include the cat.

FB_IMG_1725974155459

23 Likes

The Great Pacific Garbage Patch could be gone in ten years – for chump change

13 Likes

Boyan Slatstarted out being told that his idea was silly and not worth pursuing. He was 16 at the time. They have, to date, pulled millions of tons of plastics out of the ocean and stopped millions more from getting in to the oceans in the first place.
Some critics complain that they aren’t doing enough, but I have yet to hear of anyone else doing anything at all. It’s not like there are fleets out there competing to nab the largest haul.

8 Likes

Happy Daffy Duck GIF by Looney Tunes

19 Likes

dog-cat

14 Likes

8 Likes

I remember the first time I noticed the Dodge Ram logo looked suspiciously like the female reproductive system. I never noticed this, though. Mind blown.

7 Likes

7 Likes