Odd Stuff (Part 5)

Art Nouveau

Art Deco

23 Likes
6 Likes

10 Likes

Exactly that. If any arts movement was a precursor to punk culture, it was more like the Dadaists, and the later situationists and letterists out of France.

Yes, because it allows them to seem avant-garde, while retaining their ideology.

6 Likes

It has taken me until now to realise that hashtag means Invertebrates and not inverts:roll_eyes:

9 Likes

Are you a hermit? Tired of canvassers and proselytizers?

7 Likes
9 Likes

That is funny and true. Pity the second image is AI (which the author later acknowledged and apologized for it sneaking past them).

The Chrysler building is a good example of the premise, though:

16 Likes

To follow that up:

Arts and Crafts style looks like it was made by Hobbits:

16 Likes
5 Likes

… also pretty much anything on “Star Trek” or (oddly) “CSI: Miami” :thinking:

1 Like
5 Likes

What is going on with Flaming Lips?

https://wgntv.com/news/deans-list/teen-daughter-of-flaming-lips-member-found-safe-police/

10 Likes

Miami is very Art Deco with extra neon.

5 Likes

:thinking: I find it odd that it took 35 years for word to spread about the free meals…

Clapping Reaction GIF

12 Likes

“I just hope that somebody steps in and helps her take care of this problem … and hopefully she’ll quit doing it,” said Cronk.

If she doesn’t quit doing it, it’ll continue to get worse.

9 Likes

Hannah Call Out GIF by HannahWitton

17 Likes

Thats Me Breaking Bad GIF by Better Call Saul

13 Likes

Right? What an awful couple of days for the band.

The Flaming Lips performed in Seattle that Friday supporting Weezer. I was at that show. Then the next morning, Drozd’s kid goes missing literally steps away from the venue they were at the night before.

I’m glad she was found alive and well.

8 Likes

(excerpt: DNyuz reprint of NYT article)

The first time a [Chinese] government worker encouraged Yumi Yang to have a baby, she thought little of it. She and her husband were registering their marriage at a local office in northeastern China, and the worker gave them free prenatal vitamins, which she chalked up to the government trying to be helpful.

When an official later called to ask if she had taken them, and then called again after she did get pregnant to track her progress, Ms. Yang shrugged those questions off as well intentioned, too. But then officials showed up at her door after she had given birth, asking to take a photograph of her with her baby for their files. That was too much.

9 Likes