Odd Stuff (Part 5)

Will Ferrell Elf GIF by filmeditor

8 Likes

Life During Wartime but with a peanut allergy. Spicy mayonnaise works.

2 Likes
5 Likes

18 Likes

X-Wings kind of look like dragonflies. I never noticed that before now.

10 Likes

17 Likes

Holy shit, it moved!

10 Likes

I tried a set out in early September. I promised a report so I will briefly do it here.

TLDR: I had fun and the machines definitely provided a boost up and cushioned down. Lots of interest from other hikers and a pro guide on the trail. The machines have to learn when to boost up so varied terrain was not their forte. Regularly they had a tantrum and had to be reset. One had to be careful on a brief downhill if in the uphill mode for fear of being launched!

More: The rental was set for the Grouse Grind aka Nature’s Stairmaster. The Grind is not a pleasant trail yet is very popular. I was not impressed but learned that the units have to be manually switched between uphill and downhill mode, so a trail that is relentlessly UP is probably a good idea.

I have tricky tendons around my knees so I am interested in something like this. The other renters I met were more profoundly disabled than me. The developers I met were all young and fit, and development had taken place in downtown stairwells. That explained a lot. It needs to be further developed in rough terrain and with more grey hair.

The feeling of the boost wasn’t as great as I hoped it would be but it really did help. Even so, I was huffing and puffing such that I took this sign’s advice and turned back:

They were comfortable but it felt great taking them off.

15 Likes

The first time I saw that movie I absolutely loathed it with every fiber of my being. On subsequent re-watches I’ve grown to find it quite entertaining in all of its ridiculousness. Plus, Rufus Sewell plays such a great villain in that film.

6 Likes

Thousands of free-to-use images!

18 Likes
5 Likes
8 Likes
10 Likes

Not new, but still Very Odd:

ETA:
Do NOT try this at home!

5 Likes

One of the outtakes from the zine…

Futurists as “proto-punk”?

Kim Kardashian Eww GIF by Saturday Night Live

Otherwise, it looks like a very cool zine…

8 Likes

There’s a lot of art in there too! Thanks. My spouse has been looking for free to use but not AI images for an RPG he wants to run and some of these could be useful!

7 Likes

Little-acknowledged as a precursor to Fascism, more like.

“War is the hygiene of mankind,” isn’t very punk.

I bet billionaires love it.

8 Likes

17 Likes

Directional anti-personnel mine:

Effective firing range 50 m (55 yd), maximum firing range 250 m (270 yd).

5 Likes

I think that counts as area denial.

8 Likes