Odd Stuff (Part 5)

I got some spam from Direct Line insurance through my letterbox yesterday.
The mailer was none other than Paragon Customer Communications.

Yeah, they got my name wrong.
:slightly_smiling_face:

10 Likes

Truth stranger than comedy?

5 Likes

Chimera munchkin kitty named Bruce

20 Likes

Not Ai 

11 Likes

Question: What happens when it falls down on its side and spins around in ever widening circles of 39.5 hp destruction?

(Of course, they could put a engine kill switch on the seat like larger riding mowers.)

7 Likes

Drives in a circle, then drowns.

14 Likes

When cartoons go wrong.

7 Likes

Spike Lee showing off a pair of boots that look like the bottom of the boot

8 Likes

They must breath well.

4 Likes

Nope. That is clearly a vet’s surgery and said vet has grafted that head onto the Wrong Cat. :face_with_monocle:

9 Likes

i dunno
 those could be useful here scrambling over coral rock, crushed coral gravel and, basically, my whole yard. you would not believe how fast the best lug-soles shred on this shit!

that only matters to the one foot that still breathes. i do have a “water foot” prosthetic blade-type foot with kevlar lug sole. i switch that with my “shoe foot”. i wear it when i go fishing, but the coral shreds it quickly if i use it daily (it is so much lighter and agile i wish i could!).
i could wear that all-sole boot on the “shoe foot”, but only for gardening and walking the property. not so much a formal boot (that’s what the pythons or stingrays are for) and much less a dancing shoe. could still be an all around walking shoe in such a sharp environment.
could also be useful hiking on volcanic rock, like in Hawaii.

13 Likes

Another take on that:

In recent years, there has been a noticeable shift in life satisfaction trends among young people globally

Mike Yard K GIF by The Nightly Show

13 Likes

17 Likes
9 Likes

How thick is that ice?

5 Likes
9 Likes
11 Likes
5 Likes

Turns out you can’t trust morning show hosts with sharp objects

Ripa began chopping the vegetables with gingerly grace after admitting that she had both “terrible knife skills” and a deep fear that she’d cut her fingers off in the process. But Ripert assured the couple that it’s actually “easy” to slice things up, which prompted Consuelos to step in and assert, “Let me try, chef!”

Ripert cautioned Consuelos as he picked up the blade. “Don’t cut yourself, please, because the man is looking at me,” she said with a laugh, seemingly referencing longtime Live producer Michael Gelman, who was standing out of frame.

Shortly after taking the knife, Consuelos’ hand recoiled, and Ripa confirmed that he’d just cut himself.

“I think I got a piece of nail in there,” Consuelos joked as Ripa handed him a towel, which he held over his left hand for a few moments before continuing with the segment, which finished without further incident.

6 Likes

Angry Harrison Ford GIF

7 Likes