I’m guessing he had an invitation.

3 Likes

Look, it’s complicated.

2 Likes

Rusty old brains, how do they happen?

5 Likes

At least it wasn’t a lamprey?

3 Likes

Whatever the process that turns brains into rusty walnuts is, they should name it after Ronald Reagan.

Anyway, interesting.

6 Likes
7 Likes

I want some fried lamprey now.

3 Likes

You can have ALL the lamprey !!! , fried or not.

5 Likes

But be sure to avoid a surfeit of lampreys.

2 Likes

27 Likes

Man, I hope I’m not one of those brains in a jar. Apologies in advance if you all are just imaginary.

5 Likes
4 Likes
6 Likes
6 Likes

“The tech mogul, 46, said anyone could sign up to the state grift.”

Fixed that for the article writer.

5 Likes

Humor Boomer GIF

6 Likes

What a brilliant new idea. It’s healthcare - but socialized? Truly, we’d be lost without all these Silicon Valley innovations.

14 Likes

As soon as it said filthy city center river, I just knew it had to be Dotonbori.

3 Likes

Using spreadsheets to process huge reams of data into something that made sense to someone else, including charts, with a deadline that couldn’t be extended? Yeah, that’s me finishing my thesis on the non-linear material properties of reinforced concrete under certain loads. With lots of numeric results lifted from the free version of ANSYS. After the power supply on my good PC went up in smoke and the “hard disk doubler” on the other PC threw a fit, overwriting most of the raw FEM data. And it was MS-Works1) not Excel.
(I didn’t have the time to get to grips with LaTEX simultaneously, but WinWord 1.0 with the formula editor plugin could handle everything just fine.)

1) Which was unfairly underrated and had everything most people actually needed to do whatever needed to be done. With the convenience of including a database that actually worked and was seamlessly integrated. Sending form letters was a breeze. Ever had to do this with mail merge? Yeah…

8 Likes

When the going gets tough, the tough get going.

10 Likes