Odd Stuff (Part 5)

10 Likes

Smelly air

A strange and unpleasant smell settled over Uusimaa on Sunday and officials in Finland have yet to explain the odorous event, although the authorities said the stench did not pose a health hazard.

Martin Forsius, a researcher at the Finnish Environment Institute (Syke), said that while the source of the sulfurous odour is still uncertain, he told Hufvudstadsbladet that the cause was probably industrial.

“Most likely it’s an industrial emission coming out of one of the industrial zones south of St Petersburg,” he said, drawing on reports that the smell was present in the Russian city on Saturday evening.

According to Forsius, the smell could also have emanated from a landfill. Whatever the cause, getting to the bottom of what happened won’t be easy, according to the environmental expert.

“In light of the political situation, it will be difficult to get information [from the Russian authorities]. The exchange of information isn’t at a normal level now,” he said.

5 Likes

That should go in our Star Trek thread, too!

6 Likes

:thinking:

8 Likes

So her sons are eunuchs now?

10 Likes

Wow. She really missed the entire point of Barbie

16 Likes

I just saw an add for nuclear submarines on my teevee. Pretty sure that I won’t be buying one. :woman_shrugging:

14 Likes

buy one for me? you can ride in it, anytime!

10 Likes

It sounds like she’s defining masculinity as “protecting and providing”. Barbie was taking that away by showing both women and men as having value outside such roles. :roll_eyes:

9 Likes

I didn’t like the film, I guess I liked it better than the majority of women and girls in my house, but the reason sure wasn’t that it was mean to men.
For any of us.

3 Likes

Sub-liminal Advertising?

13 Likes

Assuming that they’re real, of course.

13 Likes

ETA:
@Mindysan33

Coca Cola Coke GIF by Coca-Cola Oficial

1 Like
6 Likes

Don’t forget about super-liminal advertising
episode 14 GIF

5 Likes

But would you gain the proportional strength of a pool noodle?

5 Likes

So, SNL was wrong about “The Pepsi Syndrome?” :astonished: Well, now we know if there’s a leak they need to call in a different kind of crew

Hazmat Suit GIF by MOODMAN

5 Likes

Don’t I get a Coke too?

5 Likes

https://archive.ph/J5OWk

4 Likes