Odd Stuff (Part 5)

7 Likes

He could play Steve Buscemi in his biopic.

5 Likes

So first we need a time machineā€¦ pick up Kevin from the house before the thieves break inā€¦ have him star in the Buscemi biopic, and have him back in time to stop the intrudersā€¦

Kyle Mooney Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

4 Likes

Heā€™d have to play the older Buscemi. I mean, unless the second picture is Buscemi heā€™s a doppelganger.

5 Likes

Exactly. The younger one plays the older one in the biopic.

7 Likes

I still donā€™t get it, perhaps Iā€™m particularly thick today.

Iā€™m gonna have a beer and a puff, maybe Iā€™ll get it then. Get my brain back to its natural state. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

The second one is Buscemi, thatā€™s the joke. Macaulay Culkin wishes he looked that good!

6 Likes

No worriesā€¦ Iā€™m just joking we get Culkin as a kid to come play Steve Buscemi (who is the second picture)ā€¦

Home Alone Girlfriend GIF

11 Likes

omg, you win at gifs this week :rofl:

9 Likes

Ah, I see, thanks. And thanks to @OhHai too.

Iā€™m gonna have that beer and puff anyway. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

I just looked up Macualy culkin and adult on the gif thingieā€¦

8 Likes

True Blood Cheers GIF

7 Likes

CBS has been most conservative of the former big three networks. Thatā€™s why this content partnership seems odd. Time will tell how anti-DEI/anti-woke viewers will react to this news (or the new show).

The other odd thing was an earlier description of the show described the family as living in a gated community. So, I guess they want the opposite of the recent *Good Times* reboot.

:thinking:

10 Likes

A woman took a dead man in a wheelchair to the bank to try to fraudulently obtain a loan of R$17,000.00, approximately US$3,000.00. She pretended to talk to the corpse, tried to keep the lifeless body straight, and keeping asking to cadaver sign the documents,. The clerks were suspicious and asked if the man was okay as He was pale and strange. They decided to call paramedics, who said the man had probably been dead for hours. The bank manager called the police.

14 Likes

Rookie mistake not to use sunglasses. You can trick people for a whole weekend if you do.

16 Likes

This really reminds me of an episode of Frasier, when his agent Bebe decides to marry an elderly millionaireā€¦

6 Likes

Understand Captain America GIF

ETA

I wonder, what did she think was going to happen? Did she think she could just go to the bank and the manager would give her all that money? The newspapers say that she was the caretaker of the elderly man, who was apparently her uncle.

The bank had a pre-approved line of credit for the poor man (which every bank here usually does, they say we can withdraw a lot of money to make our dreams come true, but they omit the interest and payment terms). Perhaps the sudden death caused her to rush into this plan worthy of the Three Stooges.

12 Likes

The Dildo Factory

I wrote last week about how Chinese factories had accidentally become a meme on TikTok. The most popular is a manufacturer called Donghua Jinlong, which produces ā€œhigh-quality industrial grade glycine,ā€ a type of nutritional additive. But there are plenty of other kinds of Chinese suppliers on TikTok, including one that apparently produces heavy machinery for making sex dolls and dildos.

When a reader first alerted me to Dongguan Chenchengā€™s TikTokā€™s account, I thought it was some kind of elaborate joke or parody. But the company does in fact make things like this $7,000 ā€œRealistic Suction Cup Dildo for Women and Male Artificial Rubber Adult Dildos Single Screw Extruder.ā€

I highly recommend checking out their content. Like many of the Chinese factories posting on TikTok, Dongguan Chencheng seems to be using some sort of text-to-speech translation software that adds an element of absurdity to their videos.

Itā€™s also genuinely interesting to get a sense of where adult products come from and how theyā€™re produced. When you make a sex doll, for example, the soft rubbery silicone is poured into a custom metal mold and left to cool down. Good to know!

https://www.tiktok.com/@junchen5973

5 Likes
9 Likes
11 Likes