Odd Stuff (Part 5)

cool stuff! wow, thanks for that!
and of course it fits around here, what with all the bananas!
just browsing that article, i get a sense of old school Disney meets Hernandez bros. definitely will have to read more!

6 Likes

I collected Neil during the mid-to-late 80s, when the B&W underground/alternative comics scene took off again. There were great buyers’ guides back then who came out a couple times/year, and they’d hip me to all kindsa stuff that sounded great.

The cape-and-tights comics fans lol’d at me, but the stuff I read was intelligent and funny, and the horror comic I was into (Wasteland) was really scary at times.

I invariably got XLNT customer service at the comics shops - a major benefit of always knowing exactly what I was looking for (I brought looooong and impressive lists), and being the only cute punk girl in the joint. tophat-biggrin

ETA: There’s a Neil graphic novel on amazOMG.

7 Likes

… I see there were two series, apparently unrelated

3 Likes

I was into the first one mentioned.

2 Likes

Okay thanks but, and…?

Did you like it? Hate it? Or…?

4 Likes

I just saw the cover and immediately thought of this thread! tophat-biggrin

3 Likes

Odor of Sanctity? Or that probably won’t fit in the overhead bin.

3 Likes

10 Likes

How to do ALT text for images

After dropping an image, there will be a line like this:

![598a8a9886344b15|537x500](upload://jLETTwhzpsUOWnpPuHlOyTtHdbg.jpeg)

Jusr before the closing bracket on the end, add a space, then the ALT text in quotes.

![598a8a9886344b15|537x500](upload://jLETTwhzpsUOWnpPuHlOyTtHdbg.jpeg "Close up of green eucalypt leaves and unripe gumnuts which are still capped, pre-flowering.")

Hovering over the image in the preview will show the ALT text, and it’ll be picked up by accessibility software.

13 Likes

13 Likes
7 Likes
3 Likes

9 Likes

face-remember-the-kid-from-home-alone-this-is-him-now-feel-old-yet-igadavie-dave

20 Likes

The elegant dragon spire

18 Likes

The best way to navigate Copenhagen is to see which steeples you can see.

11 Likes
10 Likes

10 Likes

and they say AI can’t do feet! :rofl:

9 Likes
6 Likes