Odd Stuff (Part 5)

8 Likes
8 Likes

It could have been so much worse… major trigger warning for… so many things… :sob:

5 Likes
6 Likes
10 Likes

Drama Club No GIF by Nickelodeon

9 Likes

8 Likes

They’re trying to say “if you’re one of the good ones, we’ve got a place for you over here in the corner of this tent”?

6 Likes

My cynical side thinks it’s more like, “After years of copaganda followed by downplaying wealthy fascist folks inciting violence and division among the have-nots, Black people will watch this and wish they had a gate!” :grimacing: I’m sure the fictional families in this show will be just fine, unlike the ones described by Octavia Butler in Parable of the Sower*.

*Holy crap, I just noticed the events of that story begin in 2024…I really hate this timeline! :cry:

8 Likes

HAS THE VOYNICH MANUSCRIPT FINALLY BEEN DECODED???

No.

I should probably read the article, shouldn’t I.

I’m back.

No, but they make some good arguments about interpreting some of the illustrations, leading to an argument that it doesn’t just include a version of Trotula (which has been basically known for decades), but that it’s a more advanced text on women’s reproductive health written by a German speaker.

Which is interesting indeed, but doesn’t actually decode the manuscript. It also doesn’t explain the botanical or astrological sections.

I blame the headline. The original headline in The Conversation was “For 600 years the Voynich manuscript has remained a mystery. Now we think it’s partly about sex”, which is far more to the point. (Although, also, like: researchers already knew that.)

8 Likes
9 Likes

Thanks for this. Good info.

7 Likes

You bet it is!
— Sigmund Freud, probably

12 Likes
10 Likes

Okay, check off “Horny zombie cicada double-swarm!” on your 2024 Bingo cards.

https://www.axios.com/local/richmond/2024/04/17/std-zombie-cicadas-brood-xix-2024-richmond-virginia

10 Likes
8 Likes

Idiots! Gold is too soft to make a good gear and rotors. What were they thinking? :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

thinking of the heightened audio fidelity that gold offers?

15 Likes

f8be6418-fa01-43d8-9df1-4add4d392c97_text

8 Likes

Eno mix.

7 Likes