Off-duty cop drags kid into his yard, draws and fires gun

the only point that needs tyo be made is that he is a grown adult who put his hands on a minor. END OF STORY. everything after that is complete bullshit too. But THAT should be the end of whatever “rights” this guy thought he had.

12 Likes

Over fescue. The least interesting, most traffic tolerant plant on the planet. And because a skinhead-fanboy with a power problem couldn’t keep his goddam tongue between his teeth and just had to shout sexist slurs at a teenage girl. Such a stellar exemplar of serve and protect.

Let’s see, who was more mature in that incident? The kids standing up against antisocial behavior? Who tried to de-escalate and get the one being threatened away from the one being aggressive? Again, that would be the middle-schoolers. Who couldn’t turn around and go weep quietly over the bruising of a plant that doesn’t even belong in the desert? Who went for the weapon? Who felt so insecure that he needed to have his weapon on him all the time, even off duty? Does he sleep with it, too? (Let’s hope that’s all he’s sleeping with, since cops have a statistically significant propensity for domestic violence, and this one is clearly not in control of himself.)

So many wasted molecules. What a waste of oxygen.

13 Likes

Anyone with a felony conviction is.

2 Likes

Zero reason my ass. You obviously didn’t watch the entire thing or you’re lying. When he drew, he had ALREADY been physically assaulted by at least two guys. One guy charged him at speed and rammed him to knock him over the hedge. Another guy closed in and punched him. He had already been attacked twice and a crowd which had demonstrated not only hostile intent but also the willingness to physically attack him was literally closing in on him. Whether or not he was right or wrong to be dragging that kid around, at that moment he very much DID have reason to be concerned that he was in danger of being significantly injured by an attacking mob, if not killed. At the time when he drew his piece he had perfectly legitimate reason to believe he had to draw in self-defense.

I believe the actual firing was an accident. But you know what? It WORKED. That shot went into the ground, and it scared everyone away. That shot saved lives and prevented bloodshed because it made everyone decide to stop doing things that made the guy believe he might have to shoot someone.

Was the guy who fired in the wrong? Yes, in one way. The whole incident was his fault because he didn’t act properly for a policeman. As far as I could tell he never identified himself as a policeman. By not doing so, he didn’t establish that he had any authority to be doing what he was doing. He acted all throughout as if it were a purely personal matter, and that encouraged the crowd to treat the incident in a personal way. He brought it on himself because he obviously had his balls up where his brains should have been. He was off duty, but he tried to act like he had all the power he wanted anyway, and that’s what started the problem. That is a real common problem with too many policemen. They talk about law and order, but when things get bad, all they really, really care abolut is maintaining power.

3 Likes

Bullshit. You don’t get to tackle someone, then shoot them because they fought back.

36 Likes

Thank you for fixing that for poster stillwaves. Typos like his/hers need correcting right away.

2 Likes

If you or I shot a gun in a residential area with people around, we would be going to jail. Period.

This guy was in the position he was in because he didn’t know how to handle a group of teenagers… walking on his lawn? Is that what started this?

Shit even mall cops can deal with unruly teenagers and not pop off rounds.

Yeah, the KID charged him, but he drew much after that. Again, the SHEEP (us) don’t get to pull guns out like that. It is called brandishing. And even if you excused the draw, the ND is inexcusable.

And this isn’t Joe Blow homeowner. The guy is supposed to be a cop with training. They HAVE to be held to a higher standard. Just like soldiers have to adhere to ROE.

29 Likes

Agree with most of what you said and your reasoning for drawing his weapon is sound, but only “in a vacuum” - the other children were legitimately and legally defending their friend, and using reasonable, commensurate force to do so. The cop escalated that to deadly force as soon as he drew his weapon. Completely inappropriate.

20 Likes

Cops, even off duty ones, are supposed to deescalate situations not crank them to 11

23 Likes

At no point did the guy ever identify himself as a cop. The kids in the video corroborate this.
He was dragging the kid back to his own property so he could get away with some castle doctrine bullshit.
How you can defend this worthless piece of shit boggles the mind.

30 Likes

37 Likes

So let me get this straight: I’m completely justified in drawing my gun and shooting at people after I assaulted them and they started to defend themselves? Yeah, sounds reasonable.

18 Likes

I believe that’s known as the George Zimmerman defense.

21 Likes

You guys remember Anaheim, home of Disneyland.

3 Likes

This may be good follow-up for the OP, @beschizza

11 Likes

Blow up Anaheim?

6 Likes

Exactly.

You don’t get to fire a gun at other people because you’ve been acting like a dick.

The kids would have been justified stomping in this asshole’s face.

7 Likes

…or just to keep a cooler head. I mean, all this RAGE we see all over the place is ridiculous, dangerous and wrong.

1 Like

I didn’t hear the guy identify himself as a police officer, and wtf was with him dragging that kid around? Was he going to keep the kid in his garage/basement or something?

You know what? I just watched some nine year olds do that the other day, while they waited for the bus until the fight got broken up by the bus driver.

10 Likes

So…using YOUR logic here. When my 16 yr old daughter cops an attitude with me, and spouts off some insulting language or tone…I get to put my hands on her, drag her around, put her in a choke hold, and then brandish a loaded weapon.

That is all ok…right?

I think the part you are not grasping here is…that is a 13 yr old CHILD and he is a GROWN ASS ADULT. Now, I’ve had my fair share of screaming matches with my own teenage children. But I have never ONCE had one with someone else’s child. EVER. I’ve coached hundreds of kids in soccer, hockey, and baseball in my years, ranging from ages 5-18. Not once. ever. Why? Because I am an adult and know when to shut my mouth and let it go. It is a kid. Whatever he said may very well deserve a call to his parents or police to be sure…but NEVER could they say ANYTHING that should make you as a grown adult put your hands on then and drag them in such a manner…let alone brandish a loaded weapon.

27 Likes