Oh, Dear Lord, I Have Found Joy

Indonesian Hardcore Punk:

I want to go there and be sixteen again.

5 Likes

You might also enjoy this:

I seem to remember reading something about another punk scene in South East Asia in Der Spiegel, but can’t find it now… if I come across it again, I’ll post the link for you.

2 Likes

Cultural Imperialism spreading the Hardcore message of Love, Strength and Unity is so fucking meta, I can’t even.
(ETA: where’s that excellent .GIF from? She’s punk as fuck. Also, I think that’s a MKI Fiesta, definitely a Morris Minor, some kind of Jag/Daimler XJ, and, I think an Austin Allegro. /carnerd)

1 Like

They sound pretty good. You never really hear about bands from that area of the world.

Gold IRA Rollover

I think this is a common argument, that capitalism carries its own opposition, because it creates the conditions that create the need for oppositional movements. [edited to add] It looks for uniform, I’d say because it’s addressing similar conditions. This does allow for mutual recognition, but it can change or even destroy local cultural expressions of various kinds, which eventually get turned into static tourist fodder…

Actually the gif came from Boing Boing… I think @xeni originally posted it and I shamelessly stole it.

2 Likes

The cars look a bit too old, but that doesn’t stop me from believing it IS Xeni. or at least her spirit animal.

1 Like

That’s a mk1 fiesta, so it could be the right era. Wrong hemisphere though.

1 Like

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 764 days. New replies are no longer allowed.