Ohio man beaten up in Florida resort

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/04/06/ohio-man-beaten-up-in-florida-theme-park.html

10 Likes

The herd has spoken!
cwaa

22 Likes

So technically not inside an actual “Theme Park.” (This time, anyway.)

That resort area is freaking huge. More than 36,000 hotel rooms on property, and countless venues that sell booze. Frankly it’s kinda amazing that this sort of thing doesn’t happen on a daily basis there.

9 Likes

It does but Disney is really good at keeping such things out of the public eye. There’s a reason why the fourth floor of Team Disney is filled with lawyers.

9 Likes

Yikes, the headline could have used some work. It’s not Florida that’s the problem here, for once. Does each author generate their own headline? I know headlines have been mocked here before, but I’m wondering how it works. @beschizza no offense and the headlines are not a critical matter.

Oh, how about this: Ohio man too offensive even for Florida theme park.

20 Likes

For a moment I wondered if someone had built a Florida-themed park in Ohio.

15 Likes

Ohio Man will proudly don the mantle if/when Florida finally sinks into the sea.

11 Likes

Ohio Man: Florida Man without the fun weirdness.

13 Likes

Yeah, Ohio has their share of similarly outlandish acts of criminal stupidity. Part of me wonders if it’s not a numbers game—populous states, especially where gun ownership is high, just have more man-bites-dog stories, and then confirmation bias takes care of the rest.

But my lizard brain just laughs and says, “bad man fall down!”

9 Likes

There’s also this cause of the Florida Man phenomenon:

11 Likes

It’s called Southeastern Ohio.

7 Likes

I liked the part where he got his ass kicked. The rest sucked.

17 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.