Ohio Supreme Court rules that "boneless" chicken can contain bones

Guess what I did for a living before I decided to go to law school!

12 Likes

This is the one of the reasons I want my own AI (and why the status quo calls AI dangerous): fight term enshitification. We all could do the research for boneless wings and see that a definition of it includes wings with bones and/or that other people have found bones and make decisions based on that. Then repeat for the rest of the menu and then store what they really mean for future reference. Who has the time for that? This is what the corporations are betting on but an AI working for you with proper context (dining with kids who might choke or on a keto diet etc.) can highlight the real options and then you make informed choices.

2 Likes

Did you write that reply using AI? Because it kinda sounds like it.

7 Likes

derry-girls-sister-michael-ffs

what-is-wrong-with-you

NFOAD-390x171

4 Likes

4 Likes

meaningnothing

… or make up fake ones

Today’s “AI” literally has no idea what “reality” is

4 Likes

I’d think most everyone outside of professional competition eaters would notice a 2 inch bone in their mouth. Unless you are literally sucking the meat right off the flat I don’t see how you wouldn’t notice a 2 inch bone entering your throat.

I have bought boneless breasts that have had slivers of bone in them. And like you mentioned typically in that 0.5 to 2.0 cm length. I’m also fairly meticulous about my chicken prep so I’d easily find this at home…I also actually chew my food so I’d certainly find it in a cooked piece of chicken.

4 Likes

If boneless does not mean “contains no bones”, we are doing the whole language thing wrong.

Maybe if we switch it around to “lessbone”, it could mean there are still bones, just less of them?

10 Likes

but you’re not smug at all…

Spongebob Squarepants Laughing GIF

2 Likes

Well that just makes it sounds so much more delicious, thanks.

4 Likes

I try not to be. I do not always succeed. As I get older, I’m getting a lot less smug. The more I learn, the dumber I get.

8 Likes

I like to think the older you get the more you realize how little you actually know, and then reflect on how much you didn’t know that you didn’t know when you were younger :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yes. That’s what I meant. I just said it in a more self-deprecating way. The more I learn, the more I realize how little I actually know. So…the more I learn, the dumber I get.

7 Likes

I’m reminded of this piece of smug legal pedantry:

As Sartuzi’s interaction with the coin occurred in the context of one such “object handling desk,” and since he technically didn’t remove the object from the museum, Sartuzi and his lawyer argue that no laws or policies have been broken.

2 Likes

I think you mispelled “humble.”

7 Likes

At least with logic chopped as brutally as this the risk of finding bone fragments in the ruling is likely to be acceptably low.

Lean finely textured law ready to be extruded into marketable and cost effective shapes.

1 Like

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.