Oklahoma bus crashes after passenger punches the driver — all because he wouldn't illegally pull over (video)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/04/26/oklahoma-bus-crashes-after-passenger-punches-the-driver-all-because-he-wouldnt-illegally-pull-over-video.html

5 Likes

I usually pull the cord or push the button to request a stop. Punching the driver seems a bit much for the same result.

6 Likes

If you want the bus to stop RIGHT NOW, punching the driver will achieve that result.

There may be unpleasant side-effects.

2 Likes

Wow! So lucky there wasn’t someone standing in front of that building.

5 Likes

If only Kramer had been there to take the wheel.

Sorry to repeat the usual, but once again… what the fuck is wrong with people, how did someone with judgment and self-control this poor even survive to adulthood, etc. etc.

7 Likes

I’ve seen stuff like that on a bus around Croydon, this particular gentleman didn’t assault the driver physically (verbally 100%), but he had nearly used the emergency exit controls on the door when the driver decided that he had no fucks left to give.

TBF, a bus in London has a plexiglass screen with holes between you and the driver, so assaulting them is quite a bit harder. It seems fairly logical to have, although quite depressing when you ask why.

5 Likes

The bus in the video (and the ones I use locally in Colorado) also have that. The assailant simply swung it open to get at the driver.

3 Likes

Well, they lock in London.

1 Like

In Boston, I saw one guy go into a rear door that was closing, got only his leg inside, and rode for half a block, clinging to the side, fortunately upright, not being dragged. Many people yelling got the bus drivers attention, the rider came fully into the bus, and berated the driver for a couple blocks before he got off.

Another time, a cab cut off the bus, honking happened, words were exchanged, and then both drivers got out, and were about to fight. Several riders, including myself, got between them, I pointed out this was a dumb way to lose a job, someone else said they had places to be, they both huffed at each other and we went on our way.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.