Watch this quick-acting bus driver save a student from "almost-certain tragedy"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/05/09/watch-this-quick-acting-bus-dr.html

7 Likes

I feel sorry for Darwin.

She’s my hero for today.

32 Likes

Everyday heroes don’t get nearly the attention they deserve. I hope this driver does.

30 Likes

I hope the bus also had a front-facing dashcam to capture the license plate of the arsehole’s car. That driver should not be on the road.

46 Likes

Is it just me, or did the moron driving the car compound their recklessness by passing on the shoulder?

31 Likes

Car driver should lose their licence for life, and have their car crushed. How is this story about the bus driver, and not about the prick in the car undercutting a stopped school bus?

7 Likes

It looks to be more like a bike lane, but, yeah, more or less the shoulder. Insanity.

6 Likes

because his theory keeps getting misunderstood? me too.

7 Likes

Not that it’s super important, but I think that really is the shoulder. Roads in upstate NY have really wide shoulders, and I don’t see a second white line here at the edge or any of the bike lane markings.

14 Likes

Samantha - you’re a hero!

An underpaid, underappreciated hero. (Mom drove a school bus for a while).

18 Likes

Because she deserves praise and recognition for saving a kids life.

25 Likes

i guess this woman is out of jail again:

edit: watched all the way to the end…she wasn’t arrested but sited for passing the bus. how about she losses her license and her car is impounded. this crap makes my blood boil.

18 Likes

I shit my pants for him, close call.

7 Likes

Of course. And I hope that’s what she’s received. But that doesn’t answer my question. The story should be about why the fuck we choose to live in a world where a driver feels the entitlement to kill children for their own convenience, just like that driver did. You know who’d also be my hero? Any politician that was at all serious about reducing the violence wrought by cars.

7 Likes

This is so insane. You basically should never pass anything on the right (except maybe a left-hand turner), let alone a STOPPED SCHOOL BUS.

13 Likes

Because it’s happening on a near daily basis, now.

Passing at high speed, on the right side, of a school bus with flashers. No extenuating circumstance can explain that level of stupidity. Recommend death penalty.

7 Likes

Yep. We’ve normalized the murder of children. We have reached the bottom.

3 Likes

I thought most buses, city and school) had cameras to catch folks like that. Hope they did.

3 Likes