Oklahoma public school allows Navajo student to wear moccasins at graduation

All chaps are assless… They’re meant to protect your legs. Not your ass. That’s what dungarees are for.

6 Likes

As long as the gown covers it, why not? :relaxed:

2 Likes

This chap appears to be fully assed.

11 Likes

Don’t be an ass.

5 Likes

No, sadly. I live 10 miles from Sapulpa and with the exception of a handful of artsy-fartsy types in Tulsa, it’s the most regressive state in the Union. I hate living here.

3 Likes

I was banned from my high school graduation on the basis of being covered in mud and drunk as a skunk.

2 Likes

The HS principal checked that my bro was wearing something under his robe… but to be fair he had streaked a few times and the concern was founded. To his credit, he gave it up when he turned 18, for legal reasons :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Meanwhile, wearing heels wasn’t against the rules. Why is it OK for women to wear shoes that are medically and physically dangerous, but not comfortable ones? It’s almost like women are expected to dress for others instead of themselves.

I think having a Native mascot was probably the real reason they caved. They didn’t want to win the battle but lose the war. It’s much more important to be able to sell t-shirts and other “spirit wear” in future.

10 Likes

ISWYDT wink

5 Likes

Are you sure? There’s some pretty hot competition for that title :wink:

All kidding aside, I hope you can go someplace better someday.

1 Like

Top 5, maybe? :slight_smile: Thanks, I’ve tried moving away several times and always wind up back here no matter how hard I try. (I’m one of those artsy-fartsy types, so I guess we gotta stick together. ha…)

3 Likes

I wore these. In fact, for all I know these were my actual shoes. I have no idea what happened to them.

They originally had tassels hanging off the back with a little “'91” charm too.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.