Olive Oil in 'Mediterranean diet,' not so much red wine, linked to longer lifespan in new study

Go to the Dollar Store, walmart, or amazon.

And get few or more of those translucent “Squeeze bottles”

Like these…(tho you can find them at walmart for much, much cheeper)

These are great for Olive Oil. Because really good Olive Oil needs to be stored in a cool dark place. And often comes in a tin. So you can refill your ‘daily olive oil’ in one of these bottles. (about a 1/2 cup for me) and use that and then refill from the ‘good stuff’ later.

IT’s also good for basic daily driver cooking oil, peanut oil…or shake it up oil and vinegar.

1 Like

5 Likes

Do you have to eat the olive oil or can I just bathe in it?

1 Like

In his memoir, ultramarathoner Scott Jurek recounts how he experimented with a flask of oil on his training runs, knowing well its properties as a long-term fuel source. Didn’t go so well—ended up with the shits on the side of the trail

4 Likes

Go ahead and knock yourself out with buying olive oil, I love it and consume it daily.

Do you? What you think is olive oil may not be entirely that or even at all.

2 Likes

The fact it gets you drunk is what outweighs the harms. That’s the problem public health bodies have.

3 Likes

Gosh, what a totally unforeseeable outcome! :smirk:

5 Likes

Isn’t increasing olive oil consumption basically the purpose of eggplant?

4 Likes

Hence imam bayildi (“the imam fainted”) – one of the stories is that the imam fainted upon realizing the cost of the olive oil that went into it.

3 Likes

I always thought he fainted because it’s so delicious, but I like that explanation better.

3 Likes

You say that like it’s a bad thing! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

You’re drunk right now, aren’t you?
I know I am!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.