OMG! Red Meat Rice Krispies Treats

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/11/01/omg-red-meat-rice-krispies-tr.html

7 Likes

My name’s not Red and I’ve met Rice Krispie Treats plenty of times.

3 Likes

Now I want to chicken fry them.

3 Likes

Ya can’t beat that meat.

1 Like

Oh I am definitely making these for some party soon. Will go well with impossible burgers!

9 Likes

Looks like a perfect way to slip a processed carb surprise to your least favorite paleo enthusiast. Not that that would be ethical, of course.

2 Likes

Pair them up with a nice charcuterie:

5 Likes

Cue the proud carnivore angrily complaining “plant based foods can’t be labeled as meat!”

3 Likes

I would eat one and rice krispie treats are not one of my favorite things.

4 Likes

Watch me. Wait. That’s wrong.

3 Likes

I wonder what these would taste like in a grilled cheese sandwich.

2 Likes

to get to full irony, I hope those treats are made with vegan marshmallows :wink:

2 Likes

Or served with pickled veg!

These are quite neat, everyone i’ve shown this post to says ewww.

Sure it is impressive getting rice crispies to look like raw beef, but the real trick is getting raw ground beef to look like regular rice crispy squares. :joy:

5 Likes

I don’t know how well these would go over. All I have to go on is my daughter who enjoys Halloween, the Addams family, and interesting food, and she LOVES onion soup dip. She could not bring herself to eat the dip I made and dyed with some olive drab coloring. (Graveyard Rot Dip, I called it.) Just like her father could not enjoy the creamy, buttery mashed potatoes I made with some little purple fleshed potatoes I found one day at the grocery. More for me, ha-ha.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.