Fun with charcuterie

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/11/01/fun-with-charcuterie.html

8 Likes

Step 1: find whoever brought the charcuterie.
Step 2: eat a piece of the skull while maintaining eye contact with said person.

14 Likes

While chanting “Hail our Satanic master” under your breath.

6 Likes

Our Halloween party had something similar, so I guess this is “a thing” this year.

18 Likes

prosciutt-oh, my, what the hell is that!?!

10 Likes

Nevermind trout, just eat it. Just… enjoy… look there’s a pumpkin!

1 Like

Looks delish!

“Weird thing is…nobody’s touched it."

Their loss.

7 Likes

Doen’t look mutton ham or goat salami, by the way.

Prosciutto?

Not my jam, no matter what it’s shaped like.

I’m still too Midwestern at heart to ever mess with any uncooked meat, regardless what animal it comes from.

3 Likes

You truly don’t know what you are missing, but hey, more for me! Yay!

8 Likes

Fair enough. Though I have found that prosciutto cuts grill really nicely, though granted once that’s done it’s not longer prosciutto. The choice cuts and the seasoning most delis use though makes it great for grilling for sammies. Obviously best if found on special/sale, given the often higher price.

3 Likes

Yeah, then you’re cooking it; at which point, I might actually eat it.

2 Likes

I could eat olives out of an open carcass. I may be addicted to olives, but they aren’t an illegal substance, so it’s not a problem… :yum:

3 Likes

Could you? Is there an open carcass with olives in it nearby? Asking for a friend…

4 Likes

lol. based on that, olives are not the problem. :joy:

2 Likes

My daughters version. The eyeballs sold it.

At the end of the evening the guests were walking around with the skull eating directly off it.

7 Likes

That looks great! :yum: I’d love to try something Arcimboldo-inspired, but my artistic skills aren’t that good…

2 Likes

Those eyes do not look edible

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.