On Covid reporting

There’s no “we” here.

If one person is a threat to all of the rest of humanity via their words, deeds and negative influence, then yes; I will rejoice in his death when he finally departs this plane of existence.

That’s how I feel and I cannot be ‘shamed’ for it.

17 Likes

Yes. Absofuckinglutely.

12 Likes

I dunno if it’s morally okay or in line with the community guidelines, but I do know that that’s what I’m gonna be doing when I see that particular news alert. I will even splurge on some nice champagne (and I don’t even really like champagne). But that’s just me.

5 Likes

Yeah, I’d be fine with it. Like the Cain Award winners, he’s a public figure who’s spent his time making life worse for everyone and spreading dangerous lies. The miserable in his case include many of his family members, most of whom won’t be all that gutted either when dies.

Not for most people, including public figures. But given the damage this irredeemable arsehole would likely do if he runs in 2024 an exception might be made here as long as no-one is calling for his assassination.

I really wouldn’t fret about getting a comment flagged and deleted on either count.

9 Likes

I ask myself, “What would Gritty do?”

gritty am2dm GIF by AM to DM

12 Likes

It’s a great rule to live by.

6 Likes

giphy

16 Likes

For me, in the specific case of Trump and COVID, he probably would have died of COVID had he not had extraordinary medical intervention to prevent his death, and rather than learn anything from it he continued to denounce the disease as no big deal. So I would read news of his demise from COVID with immense satisfaction. He is deserving of my ire.

14 Likes

I can’t bring myself to celebrate anyone’s death. I just, can’t. But with Trump, and there are others, I will have a very hard time digging up any kind of sadness for him, or compassion for the life he could have led but chose not to. He has brought far more suffering into the world than he has alleviated, and that’s truly the sad part. Mostly I’ll breathe a (masked) sigh of recognition that the world will be less bad than it was before his passing.

But you seem to be very, very concerned with “getting moderated.” So, a post gets reported and removed? Eh?

11 Likes

Serious question: why? What’s the big deal? It happens. :woman_shrugging:t2:
ETA: @anon33932455 - jinx! Guess I should read the whole thread first.

12 Likes
6 Likes

I was waiting for that one. That’s the one that claimed the host of the event in some kind of power struggle amongst the q-anon camps sprayed anthrax through the fog machines.

3 Likes

In a word without Covid, Donald Trump’s big thing would be children in concentration camps. Plus a hurricane he couldn’t be bothered to help brown people with and a few other things like that.

If somebody did something like that in a movie, it wouldn’t just be a signal to the audience that it was ok to cheer for their demise…it would be too over the top for that. I can’t even begin to comprehend that someone would consider it less than that because it was a real man hurting real children.

9 Likes

…now that they’ve responded to other things, but not this question, I’ve got it in my head that the bbs is something like earth in “The Good Place,” but they know how the points system works, and we don’t!!!

4 Likes

9 Likes

Why are you trying to start something? I asked my question, I got it answered. I was curious.

Wow. Huh. I can’t speak for @anon33932455, but since we had very similar comments:

I definitely wasn’t. But as you say,

That’s all.
I/we didn’t get ours answered, that’s your perogative. It’s not like either of us was trying to start a rumble in the streets or anything.

3 Likes

Er, sorry. I wasn’t trying to start anything. I was genuinely curious. Since you mentioned it a couple times I thought I’d ask why it was important. Until you phrased it the way you did, I’d never considered the idea that “getting moderated” was something to worry about to the point of fine-tuning in the way your original question seems to be doing.

I genuinely meant nothing by it.

7 Likes

Since you brought up the question and were apparently the only one worried, have your concerns been assuaged and your questions been answered satisfactorily by the publisher and community members? If so, can we consider this matter resolved and closed?

5 Likes

No worries. I’m sure deep down there’s some trauma behind getting “moderated” that I was trying to avoid based on past history of rejection and being screamed at as a kid or other abuse in my life at work that compel me to ask questions like this, but I promise, it was nothing more than curiosity and avoidance.

Yes, I think it’s safer to consider it resolved and done.

3 Likes